• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Announces New Anime Project in Gundam Build Franchise

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
They also announced a new UC entry, Hathaway's Flash, a movie trilogy starting next winter!
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
They also announced a new UC entry, Hathaway's Flash, a movie trilogy starting next winter!

I mean unless it came with new footage this alongside the article are old news.
They were both publically stated from the Gundam 40th stream.
Robiii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
They should just rename their studio to Gundam or smth. Becuz thats all they do anyway.
Ryasha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:51 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
They should just rename their studio to Gundam or smth. Becuz thats all they do anyway.

Gundam is just their most prolific franchise but they do plenty of other stuff.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:10 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:

Last year's Double Decker! Doug & Kirill and Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World were apparently a mass delusion, then.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:48 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Last year's Double Decker! Doug & Kirill and Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World were apparently a mass delusion, then.
And recent City Hunter movie too.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:23 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Robiii wrote:

I guess code geass doesnt count either
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:25 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:

Yeah, and apparently the knew City Hunter and Code Geass movies were just figments of your imaginations.

But back to the article, we kinda all ready new this. I still want to know if this squeal will still follow Riku and the rest of Build Divers or will it be like Try where its in the same universe but follows different characters while old ones make guest appearances?

Last edited by cyberdraco on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:48 am Reply with quote
Neat, Build is the best Gundam

I've watched like 1/3 of another Gundam. My decision is final.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:39 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be a sequel to Diver or Try?
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:

I know what you mean. There was about a 4-year period where they didn't do anything but love live and Gundam. In the last year they announced a few projects, but all of them but one were part of a pre-existing highly successful IP. I guess technically Double Decker is an original project, but they still tried to bill it as part of Tiger & Bunny. For a studio that used to be known for creating original IPs, I don't think they've had one in the last five years.
SrkSano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:02 am Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Robiii wrote:

I know what you mean. There was about a 4-year period where they didn't do anything but love live and Gundam. In the last year they announced a few projects, but all of them but one were part of a pre-existing highly successful IP. I guess technically Double Decker is an original project, but they still tried to bill it as part of Tiger & Bunny. For a studio that used to be known for creating original IPs, I don't think they've had one in the last five years.

ClassicaLoid. 2 seasons.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
SrkSano wrote:
pajmo9 wrote:
Robiii wrote:

ClassicaLoid. 2 seasons.

I guess technically BNP is Sunrise, but I was just referring to stuff under their actual Sunrise label.

I think a lot of the stuff that they would have done as animation a few years ago is now being done as light novels on there Yatate Bunko site. Or maybe I'm totally wrong.
Robiii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:23 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Robiii wrote:

THANK YOU! Atleast you understand.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first two Build series, but never watched Divers due to the poor reviews it received. Hopefully they return to form with this next series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2