• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ingress—Episodes 1-3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Most other English credits are not available at the time of this writing

There seems to be a pretty complete list of both staff and talent on the Encyclopedia page. According to this article, for some reason this already ran on Netflix in Japan with the English dub and English subs, so I assume that's where the credits came from.

Apparently Jack is played by Crispin Freeman, and I don't think I've heard him in anything since Hellsing, so I might have to give it a look just for that.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
^
That's been updated a lot since I wrote the review Friday night. At that time there were only a couple of names listed for the English dub.

I thought the agent character sounded like Crispin Freeman, but I was only about 80% certain and didn't want to speculate, especially given that his other anime roles in recent years have been very limited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Smurfs rule! Toads Drool!

That being said, nothing in the review moves me to check out the show.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Apparently Jack is played by Crispin Freeman, and I don't think I've heard him in anything since Hellsing, so I might have to give it a look just for that.

Oh cool! Me either, it indeed feels like it's been a long time. Was going to give it a shot as I like scifi/mystery/agents type shows and I agree this is another reason for me to do so if he's in it.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode and it wasn't bad but it felt like every other Netflix sci-fi anime which is a problem I have with a lot of these "Nefflix Originals." I sometimes feel Netflix thinks that anime fans will watch any show that's dark and angsty with a sci-fi setting and that we don't need things like characters that have emotions or a story with substance.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:30 pm Reply with quote
The first episode didn't convince me to watch the rest of the show, but I agree with Theron about the CG animation quality. I was particularly impressed with the facial expressions and how the shading on the characters' faces made them look three-dimensional and not drawn on a flat surface. Craftar is a studio to watch for, and I wish they had worked on Ultraman.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:02 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

He's also been in all the recent Fate animes, Durarara and God Eater! But yeah I definitely get excited whenever I see him on a cast list!
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:26 am Reply with quote
Entire subbed first season is up on Netflix (US). Watched it all in 2 sittings. Themes have been done before, reminiscent of past anime shows, series. Liked it enough to be looking forward to Season 2 should it ever get produced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1