• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Non Non Biyori TV Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping it's not a repeat of REPEAT from yet another characters point of view.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:39 am Reply with quote
It tooks longer to be announced than I thought, welcome back nyanpasu!
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 am Reply with quote
One of the rare CGDCT franchises about which I can say that this is a masterpiece show. No, even brilliant. Every element of the genre in it is made with real love.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Here's hoping it's not a repeat of REPEAT from yet another characters point of view.

The whole manga[minus flashbacks] takes place in the same school year.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
I am not surprised that a third season is being made because this is a successful property, but I honestly did not expect more Non Non Biyori anime. I am not trying to complain, but I have a hard time imagining that there is great manga material left to adapt.

Season one is marvelous, but I imagine that it adapted most of the best manga material because season two was less good. I hope I am wrong, but I don't have much hope that season three could be good.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
O Maidens In Your Off-Season
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:13 am Reply with quote
wow finally!! this is obviously airing in 2020 at the earliest so it will be 5 year since s2 aired! after such a wait i never expected a s3. my favorite slice of life series finally coming back Anime cry
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
New season of Non Non Biyori, Renge goes to Mensa.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
wow finally!! this is obviously airing in 2020 at the earliest so it will be 5 year since s2 aired! after such a wait i never expected a s3. my favorite slice of life series finally coming back Anime cry

Well there was a movie inbetween so isnt exactly that long...And guessing they were just to busy an a movie was the most they could do and movies bring good profits lately from what i see around since many are making them as quick sequels inbetweem seasons
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Good news! I watched most of season 1 a while back, but didn’t finish more due to life at the time and I’ve been meaning to get back to the series for some time. This will motivate me. Smile
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am not surprised that a third season is being made because this is a successful property, but I honestly did not expect more Non Non Biyori anime. I am not trying to complain, but I have a hard time imagining that there is great manga material left to adapt.

I suspect the primary reason for the (by the time the new season airs) roughly 5-year gap between seasons 2 and 3 is that they were waiting for there to be enough new manga chapters to adapt, but now there's over 5 volumes' worth of un-animated material (keeping in mind that the English version is currently 2 volumes behind Japan, where volume 14 will probably come out later this year).

Some of the segments in the second season weren't directly based on the manga anyway. The first episode of Repeat, where Renge is getting ready for her first day at school, was entirely anime-original content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
The first episode of Repeat, where Renge is getting ready for her first day at school, was entirely anime-original content.

That is very interesting to me because that is probably my favorite episode from the two seasons.
bennyl

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm Reply with quote
This is the healing anime all other healing animes should learn from. I'm not one of those crazy people that think Japan and it's people are like it is portrayed in anime. However, this is one show that made me want to visit to see if the countryside really is that peaceful.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Tenchi wrote:
The first episode of Repeat, where Renge is getting ready for her first day at school, was entirely anime-original content.

That is very interesting to me because that is probably my favorite episode from the two seasons.

I think it's a very good episode as well, hence why I used the term "anime-original content" instead of the derogatory "filler". It was an episode that filled in a minor gap left from the manga, which started with Renge already in school and Hotaru's first day at school after moving from Tokyo.

I'm not sure since he didn't get any extra writing credit for the first episode of Repeat but I suspect Atto himself had some input in the writing of that episode even if Reiko Yoshida appears to have been the chief writer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:44 pm Reply with quote
*Some more nyanpasu intensifies even further*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2