• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Utena, Sarazanmai's Ikuhara Likely Directed TMNT Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
That 5-part pilot was amazing. I bought some of the cels from it as a kid. I wish I had bought more!
Somebody should really put that pilot (or Season 1 most folks call it) on Blu-ray!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is a surprise. I do remember this episode don't remember much about it. It's surprising what you find out when you take a look deeper.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
So is Yoshikatsu Kasai an alias that Ikuhara and other animators at Toei used? The Ninja Turtles episode itself credits Kasai for the animation director. These are the other works "Kasai" has been credited for. person#72201
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Wise is a little guy now, him and his wife are funny along with their dog. He is a friend of the family.

As a fan of Ikuhara, has he been grooming use this whole time? I felt like the first season of TMNT was more Leiji Matsumoto than Ikuhara.
Aphasial
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So is Yoshikatsu Kasai an alias that Ikuhara and other animators at Toei used? The Ninja Turtles episode itself credits Kasai for the animation director. These are the other works "Kasai" has been credited for. person#72201

That's an awesome find...
We really need to go through and look for some stylistic or thematic similarities!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Aphasial wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

That's an awesome find...
We really need to go through and look for some stylistic or thematic similarities!

I highly doubt it's the same person, otherwise that would put Ikuhara working on Horus as an Assistant Director soon after he was born.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I think Cardcaptor Takuto is suggesting that "Yoshikatsu Kasai" is a revolving alias at Toei used by more than one person. The only other example I can think of that's similar to that is Sunrise's Hajime Yatate.
person#19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nargun

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
I think Cardcaptor Takuto is suggesting that "Yoshikatsu Kasai" is a revolving alias at Toei used by more than one person. The only other example I can think of that's similar to that is Sunrise's Hajime Yatate.
person#19

Back when I was working on anime conventions I tried to get us to announce hajime yatate as a guest as an april fools, but noone else thought it was funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1