• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound! Euphonium Gets New Anime Project Centering on Kumiko's 3rd Year in High School

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[Kumiko is the new band president, with her ex-boyfriend Shuuichi Tsukamaoto as vice president]

Did I miss something or is this just a pretty big spoiler
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Quote:
spoiler[Kumiko is the new band president, with her ex-boyfriend Shuuichi Tsukamaoto as vice president]

Yes, this is a formal spoiler for a recent film where Kumiko and Shuichi spoiler[decide to suspend their relationship until they leave school so as not to interfere with her role as president of the school band]. In general, there are some nuances, but to explain them means to spoil the romantic line in the plot very strongly.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Original light novel author Ayano Takeda is publishing the story of Kumiko's third year in high school in two novels. The first novel shipped on April 17, and the second novel will ship on June 22.

I hope that the fan speculations will be justified and the franchise finale will be made in the form of third season. Yes, they were able to fit the whole second year into two films, one of which was exclusively about NozoMizo, but I still hope for a louder adaptation in the final.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Quote:

Kind of? I think spoiler[they were supposed to get together in the new movie coming out. And hey, maybe we can finally get that KumiRei ship back on track. I know it probably won't happen, but I can dream dammit!
]

Also, Reina as a drum major? I thought she played trumpet. When did she switch?
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
"In the novels, the band once again focuses on getting gold at Nationals. Kumiko is the new band president, with her ex-boyfriend Shuuichi Tsukamaoto as vice president,"

But we didn't even see the to get together yet and they're already separated?
What happened?!
Millhi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:52 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Quote:
spoiler[ Kumiko is the new band president, with her ex-boyfriend Shuuichi Tsukamaoto as vice presiden]t

This is a really big spoiler.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
Well the story made it clear that they were supposed to get together (although they never even bothered to build that up, if anything they went out of there way to establish that the two had 0 chemistry together). It really seem like that come from a major disconnect between the anime and the LN.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
There is still hope for the true OTP Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Reina was my favorite character in season one. She got less screen time in season two. I haven't seen the movies so I don't know how she fares in those. Is she being pushed to the margins of the story more and more?
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

The drum major is the field conductor of the marching band. She leads the band onto the field and uses her whistle and baton to help the band keep time during the performance (along with being a visual focal point for the spectators). Asuka was the drum major in their first year - if you go back and watch what she was doing during the Sunrise Festival episode, that would be Reina's role. It has nothing to do with instruments.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

I just used your post to generate a report to the moderators. I asked they remove that reveal from the article text.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:17 am Reply with quote
I am unfamiliar (or rather I was before reading the huge spoiler, damn) with the source material, but I imagine this project will be a third tv season. I unfortunately cannot be super excited that one of my favorite franchises is getting more anime content because of Ponycan USA, the worst ever anime distributor.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
It will be useless without Asuka and Yuri
milkyy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Just finished s2 last night~~
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, happy birthday to me! (No, seriously, it’s actually my birthday today, so what a coincidence) I managed to avoid the spoiler after the article added in the warning (plus avoided reading the posts about said spoiler), so I’m safe there thankfully. I’ve been hoping that Kyoto Animation could animate Kumiko’s third year and now I’m very happy knowing that it will happen. Very Happy Crossing my fingers that this project can be a third season as well because more Sound! Euphonium is a great thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2