• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto Manga Has 'Big Announcement' on June 10

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
Hmm lets see will it be a positive announcement?

1. Film
2. Changing to weekly release

Or negative

3. Moving to Jump Square
4. Hiatus
5. Ending (very unlikely but you never know)

Place your bets! or add another option.
Robiii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope it ends.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
I hope it ends.

I heard somewhere that the author will plan to end the manha in 30 volumes.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I bet it will turn out to be something like a merchandise collab.
Gamazoar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The series is probably switching to publishing twice a month.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Given how much they have ruin Naruto’s legacy (if you think I am exaggerating, please refer to recent chapters of Boruto), I am hoping they axe this series.

But given its popularity and sales, highly unlikely, probably move to a true monthly magazine or something
Takeshi13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Gamazoar wrote:
The series is probably switching to publishing twice a month.

That what I heard as well. Someone on Twitter think the same
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Given how much they have ruin Naruto’s legacy (if you think I am exaggerating, please refer to recent chapters of Boruto), I am hoping they axe this series.

But given its popularity and sales, highly unlikely, probably move to a true monthly magazine or something

It’s actually going down in sales. The manga is experiencing a constant drop in sales every time a new volume comes out with no signs of stopping. It’s nearly a 50% drop since the release of volume 1 to the release of the most recent volume 7 I believe.

And honestly most of the popularity the Boruto brand has is completely from the anime which is pretty divorced from the events of the manga.

Chances are with the declining sales figures they may be announcing they are going bi-monthly or weekly or anything to churn out content at a faster pace to regain lost sales.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 pm Reply with quote
probably stage play or something. These things usually don't turn out to be as big as they hype it up to be
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought the anime remained fairly popular. Maybe not insane success, but not too shabby. Makes sense that manga sales are in decline - it feels empty, like we are missing a lot of what is happening. Plus our villains are nothing compared to the Naruto manga which built them up over volumes. It's the difference between hinting and brushing up against the awesomeness that is Itachi (or Oro, or whomever) over the course of events and a lot of buildup. In Boruto's manga, it's like watching Mizuki attack Naruto. We don't know who the enemy is, and it's just hard to care when they are in and out in two to three chapters. It feels like an anime filler arc in the manga.

The anime while largely being filler for obvious reasons seems more complete in this world.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:15 pm Reply with quote
My gut says movie or special; they gotta try and save the series somehow.
(I actually don't know how it's doing, I've just heard things are going to hell here from readers in the west.)
AkatsukiBuzai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:40 pm Reply with quote
My bet is on new video game.
Been a while since Shinobi Striker and seeing as they like to release a new game like every year Rolling Eyes
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Given how much they have ruin Naruto’s legacy (if you think I am exaggerating, please refer to recent chapters of Boruto),

You are exaggerating for the simple fact the middle of part 2 to the end along with 95% of both animes are far worse than anything the Boruto manga's done.

ZiharkXVI wrote:
Plus our villains are nothing compared to the Naruto manga which built them up over volumes. It's the difference between hinting and brushing up against the awesomeness that is Itachi

Itachi eventually was revealed to not be a villain logic be damned. Orochimaru started off interesting but went out early in part 2 like a punk, Danzo never amounted to much despite how the series hyped him up, & Pain was pretty meh.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Given how much they have ruin Naruto’s legacy (if you think I am exaggerating, please refer to recent chapters of Boruto),

I would argue that Naruto has done more to hurt Naruto's legacy than the harmless stuff in the Baruto manga thus far.
kariocean2004

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:46 pm Reply with quote
After coming off of Obito then Kagura I didn't have a lot of faith in Boruto but when I read the first chapter and saw who killed Naruto and Sasuke I just gave up on the franchise. It's seems according to comments above a lot of people have given up on Boruto as well maybe like some of the comments above have said their going to try something to turn around the low sales numbers only time will tell whether they succeed or not
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2