• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Konosuba - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Novel 8: Axis Church vs. Eris Church

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
*Decided to remove my comment since it worked*

Last edited by tintor2 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised at how much i've been enjoying Vanir, as well. He's a huge troll to everyone, and it's great.

Regarding any potential romantic developments, i'm actually quite glad for the author's comment in the afterword; i get as excited as anyone over the potential for romance, but it doesn't feel to me like Kazuma has improved enough as a person to really merit it. He's had some growth as a character since volume 1, to be sure, but he's got a long way to go IMO.

Still a great, well written series! Now when will we get those blurays...
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
I was surprised at how much i've been enjoying Vanir, as well. He's a huge troll to everyone, and it's great.

I've been patiently waiting for the novels to go past the anime and Vanir is my all time favorite character. Well next to Wiz but she's best girl for two other reasons Laughing .
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Merxamers wrote:

I've been patiently waiting for the novels to go past the anime and Vanir is my all time favorite character. Well next to Wiz but she's best girl for two other reasons Laughing .

The YP releases went past the anime last year. Hell anything past vol 5 (the events of which will be covered in the upcoming movie) is past the anime.

Quote:
a “cosplay parade” where people can come dressed as succubi.

Some if not most of those were actual succubi though. In fact there was a scene of them thanking Kazuma for letting them participate in the festival IIRC.
Flü

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:04 am Reply with quote
Vol6-8 are honestly a bit of a low stretch for the series. Vol9 is where it gets fantastic again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1