• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Fall 2019

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Autumn anime I’m looking forward to:
Africa Salaryman
Blade of the immortal
Babylon
Kabukicho Sherlock
Beastars
No guns life
Shin Chuuka Ichiban!

I was looking forward to watching pet but I have no idea if it’s going to air this season...

I’m sorry but I don’t want to wait until next year for Netflix to release Beastars...
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Huh so beastars is a serious story? Every time I saw an add or something about it, my brain just shut it down cause the artstyle just screamed softcore furry, plus the way the title is always in all caps is just super obnoxious (not that I have anything against furry, everyone has there kink, that one just isn't mine).

Personally nothing really jump at me, maybe no gun life could interesting. Just going by the short synopsis on anime chart, babylon could be good (or terrible). Hataage! also sound fun, but I know Isekai and how absolutely horrified they are with deviating even slightly from the rigid formula, so I'm guessing it'll abandon everything interesting about its premise in a few episodes.

Is africa no salaryman going to be a short? It's listed as a regular, but that premise scream short...

Also... how the hell did fairy gone get a sequel?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I am looking forward to more MHA and Food Wars, but none of the new franchises excite me that much. BEASTARS looks intriguing, but apparently Netflix is hijacking it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Kabukicho Sherlock is my most anticipated, easily.
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I check from curiosity:
Kabukichou Sherlock
No Guns Life
Tokunana but I don't be suprised if show will be bad
Maybe Beastars I heard that manga is good but I don't like CG
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Board game show for days.

I’m a voracious consumer of board games so this is the craziest intersection of my interests in possibly ever.
Hal14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
MHA S4 is my most anticipated of the season, maybe the whole year. But of the new shows the two i'm most anticipating are Beastars (which is kind of like a seinen version of Zootopia) and Iruma-kun (which is like rosario vampire but more comedy and school hijinks and no battle harems)
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated this season are MHA 4, F/GO, and Chihayafuru 3. But what I am anticipating most is actually being familiar with the source material for some of the shows, as I'm usually anime-only. Along with F/GO, I'm played the games that Azur Lane and the Girls' Frontline short are based on, though I'm only expecting to know what will happen in the story for F/GO, since the Girls' Frontline anime is a comedy short and I'm not sure whether Azur Lane will just go for "World War II in the Pacific but the Allies this time" or if they will add something else. I've only once before been familiar with the source material for an anime before watching it - Urahara - so I'm a bit excited to be on that side for a change.

meiam wrote:
Hataage! also sound fun, but I know Isekai and how absolutely horrified they are with deviating even slightly from the rigid formula, so I'm guessing it'll abandon everything interesting about its premise in a few episodes.

If this affects your opinion at all, Hataage was written by the creator of Konosuba.

meiam wrote:

Given that it has only been one season since the first part aired, Fairy Gone had to have been planned as a split cours in the first place and was likely already in production while the first cours was airing.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Hataage! also sound fun, but I know Isekai and how absolutely horrified they are with deviating even slightly from the rigid formula, so I'm guessing it'll abandon everything interesting about its premise in a few episodes.

Hataage is pretty much a slice of life with weird characters, so it's more simlar tochromartie higschool than to death march.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

If this affects your opinion at all, Hataage was written by the creator of Konosuba.

I don't think I could have read anything else that could have made me more interested in it.

zrnzle500 wrote:

meiam wrote:

Given that it has only been one season since the first part aired, Fairy Gone had to have been planned as a split cours in the first place and was likely already in production while the first cours was airing.

I mean.. cut your lose companies! Indefinite hiatus if you just want to save face.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Top 5 shows would be FGO Babylonia, Kemono Michi: Rise Up, Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life, Sword Art Online: Alicization, and Kandagawa Jet Girls. I am curious to see Welcome to Demon School since the promo video makes it look like a cute show and because the premise is somewhat similar to Rosario + Vampire.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to see After School Dice Club getting a shout out! That's easily my most anticipated series of the season, being that I'm very into board games and I really enjoyed the first two volumes of the manga. I was a little worried that copyright issues might end up keeping it from getting licensed for streaming, but luckily Funimation just announced getting it! Hopefully the anime helps attract interest for someone to continue fan-translations of the manga. Between the manga's length, niche appeal, and potential copyright nightmare, an official US release is probably a complete lost cause to hope for....

Aside from that, Kemono Michi and My Hero 4 are the only "new" shows I'm picking up this season for week-to-week viewing. Went a little too nuts last season and need to work on catching up with things. =P
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

meiam wrote:

I mean.. cut your lose companies! Indefinite hiatus if you just want to save face.

The first disc volume wasn't released until mid July and the second not until August, so they wouldn't have any idea about the sales until they had already made a fair amount of the next cours. With the timeslot already paid for and arrangements already made for the domestic disc release (adding to my original answer, Fairy Gone was announced back in April to have 24 episodes, and the release dates for the volumes had already been announced), it probably would have cost more money to pull the plug then and there than to just finish whatever they had left and continue as originally planned.

Actually, are there any indications that sales were poor (the disc rankings on this site stopped before Fairy Gone's first volume was released)? If not, then I'm sorry, but a show not being highly regarded by critics and fans over here isn't enough to stop them from putting out the second half as planned.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Huh so beastars is a serious story? Every time I saw an add or something about it, my brain just shut it down cause the artstyle just screamed softcore furry, plus the way the title is always in all caps is just super obnoxious (not that I have anything against furry, everyone has there kink, that one just isn't mine).

Yes Beastars is a serious story & it also majorly includes romance with some sexual scenes. One of the major parts of the story is that predators have an innate need to consume herbivores so cannibalism or predation is a common topic in the series.
Oggers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Mainly looking forward to HeroAca season 4. Beastars seems pretty interesting, but it looks like Netflix will be holding it prisoner for the time being. I guess I always have BoJack Horseman's last season to look forward to as a way to fulfil my need for a serious animal story...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4