• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A3! Anime Episode 4 Delayed Again for 2 More Weeks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:51 am Reply with quote
I never watched the series, but that's some really big concern about the production over here, especially when it comes to 3 weeks delay for two quite proper animation studios. Do they have a big screw-up like infamous Dynamic Choir in the earlier episodes, or it's just something outside affected the production, like, hm, outsourcing to Chinese studios and coronavirus?
Emaldo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:02 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
I never watched the series, but that's some really big concern about the production over here, especially when it comes to 3 weeks delay for two quite proper animation studios. Do they have a big screw-up like infamous Dynamic Choir in the earlier episodes, or it's just something outside affected the production, like, hm, outsourcing to Chinese studios and coronavirus?

In most cases it's the the production committee's fault due to them wantng to rush a show out. Then you get no buffer episodes, impossible deadlines + lack of staff certainly doesn't help things. Believe it or not but most JPN studios rarely outsource to China.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:56 am Reply with quote
The studio is P.A. Works right? They have the Shirobako movie coming out this month, so that's probably requiring a lot of attention to finish up. I'm worried out Appare Ranma that`s scheduled to come out in Spring...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:29 am Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
The studio is P.A. Works right? They have the Shirobako movie coming out this month, so that's probably requiring a lot of attention to finish up. I'm worried out Appare Ranma that`s scheduled to come out in Spring...

I have a feeling it's not so much P.A. Works but more Studio 3Hz who I'm more worried about since they've been slipping a lot lately. Their original anime Black Fox got relegated as a movie with a couple of main staff who worked on that now working on A3 (and it REALLY showed), Rifle is Beautiful looked incredibly bland for a "cute girl doing cute things" show, and while SAO Alternative: Gun Gale Online looked fine, it doesn't have that same "pop" like what you see in say Princess Principal. And now we have all these delays happening with A3.

I really hope Studio 3Hz is alright because they seemed to show real potential before with Flip Flappers, Princess Principal, and even all those small trailers for Black Fox.
Waterdragon884

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:29 pm Reply with quote
You don’t suppose they just gave up on making this anime, do you?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1