• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsugumomo Anime Season 2's 2nd Promo Video Unveils More Cast, April 5 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:53 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to it, but wont watch it legally if funimation is the one streaming it in my region.

Hopefully it’s crunchyroll or some other streaming service which’ll get the rights.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:18 am Reply with quote
Knowing the kind of direction this series is taking with the fanservice, I wouldn't be surprised if Funi dropped this show at some point.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:43 am Reply with quote
Barry Chan wrote:
Looking forward to it, but wont watch it legally if funimation is the one streaming it in my region.

Hopefully it’s crunchyroll or some other streaming service which’ll get the rights.

I mean...since they got the first season I dont really see why they wouldnt get the second.
Zeroth_Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Barry Chan wrote:

I mean...since they got the first season I dont really see why they wouldnt get the second.

And that was a censored release so I can't see why anyone would want them to license season 2 or have any hope of it being released right by Funimation
marconii2002

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 am Reply with quote
Watchable version in next year when uncensored BD will out, TV version it will be censored trash not worth to watch.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:06 am Reply with quote
Zeroth_Sloth wrote:
And that was a censored release so I can't see why anyone would want them to license season 2 or have any hope of it being released right by Funimation

And to clarify that, their home video release of it was censored, so we're not only talking about the streaming one...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 am Reply with quote
its CR's show and based on what's happening with the current railgun season, Quartet 2 and Slime in the fall, CR will stream the sub and Funi will have the dub. That much is certain. whether or not that extends to home video is unclear. Of course, that's assuming Netflix doesn't step in and grab the show
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Barry Chan wrote:

Because apparently when you stop airing and dubbing a show that has full blown sex in it, it’s essentially means any series that has ecchi but no sex scenes in it is going to be scrutinized just the same.......even when you licensed a number of series with the latter content in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1