• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR Replicant Action RPG Gets Remastered Release for PS4, Xbox One, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 am Reply with quote
Loved the original, looking forward to playing through as a brother rather than father, should make for quite a different experience, even if the game is otherwise the same. LOVE the soundtrack, has to be one of the best in gaming history...
Kami-koto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this. Story, characters and soundtrack were amazing. All they need to do is polish the gameplay a little bit more.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Might as well just bundle Replicant and Gestalt into a single game at this point. Both games were released in Japan, but the west only got Gestalt. The games use the same assets, just changing the main character and their relationship to their sister/daughter so it wouldn't take much to just make an option to swap between the two versions. They would need to do a Japanese dub for the father, though, since Gestalt in Japan was in English with Japanese subtitles.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
twoplus2is5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is a good reason to play it! I loved Automata, so I'm looking forward to it.

Also, that version number... looks like a random sequence of digits, but if you plug it into an inverse symbolic calculator you get that it's sqrt(1.5).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1