• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Manga Ends, Confirms New OVA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:17 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Yuuna fans will be happy. The rest not so much...]
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see more animated content, but I hope we can see another season. Apparently the first season only covers ~26 chapters and it will finish with just over 200
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Wait....

spoiler[So you are telling me after all those build-up and character development, we didn't even deserve a harem ending, or at least open-ending?

Oh my, I am glad I hold off the last 20 chapters. No harem ending doesn't make a fanservice show automatically terrible, but Yuuna is a weird case that certainly has the luxury to go that route yet ultimately choose not to, even with all those foreshadowing.]
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed Aniplex hasn't had any plans to release the uncensored BDs in the US. All their other shows around the time gets release or is releasing, but not this. Nor are there any plans for Interspecies Reviewers' BD
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:42 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I've noticed Aniplex hasn't had any plans to release the uncensored BDs in the US. All their other shows around the time gets release or is releasing, but not this. Nor are there any plans for Interspecies Reviewers' BD

Not quite all of them. Slow Start, Today's Menu for the Emiya Family, Persona 5, and DAKAICHI all from 2018 haven't gotten home video releases, either. Also Hell Girl 4 and Saekano Flat from 2017.
And about Interspecies, Aniplex had nothing to do with that.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:13 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
configspace wrote:

Not quite all of them. Slow Start, Today's Menu for the Emiya Family, Persona 5, and DAKAICHI all from 2018 haven't gotten home video releases, either. Also Hell Girl 4 and Saekano Flat from 2017.

ok you're right as for some shows still left circa 2018,
Quote:

well Aniplex / Sony is the international licenser of Interspecies reviewer, so AnimeLab, Wakanim, Funimation are all under the same umbrella now that Sony has merged all their separate divisions together as announced a while back
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:35 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
configspace wrote:

Have any of these been released in R2?

Interspecies Reviewers seems a bit to early to hear anything anyway *shrug*
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:

Wait....

spoiler[So you are telling me after all those build-up and character development, we didn't even deserve a harem ending, or at least open-ending?

Oh my, I am glad I hold off the last 20 chapters. No harem ending doesn't make a fanservice show automatically terrible, but Yuuna is a weird case that certainly has the luxury to go that route yet ultimately choose not to, even with all those foreshadowing.]

Not quite.

spoiler[Multiple timelines confirmed, pretty much all girls get more than one route, it's just that yuna gets the "canon one" , aka the good/true end that actualyl has them defeating the big bad evil, while the other routes completely avoid the problem]
WingKing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
configspace wrote:

Which reminded me that HG4 and Saekano Flat were both part of the ill-fated Anime Strike platform, and that got me curious about the Blu-Ray releases of shows that ended up there. From what I found, I'm wondering if it might be a rights thing. Aniplex had eight shows that ended up on Anime Strike. The streaming rights to four of them were Amazon-exclusive (Inuyashiki, Re:Creators, Saekano Flat, and Altair: A Record of Battles), and none of those have been released on US home video. Meanwhile, three of the four non-exclusive series have gotten US releases: Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, Granblue Fantasy, and Eromanga-sensei. As for Hell Girl 4, Aniplex probably doesn't think the demand is there, since they've never even bothered re-releasing any of the first three seasons after the old Funi/Sentai sets went out of print.

Among the rest of the Anime Strike lineup, Sentai has released everything that they licensed except season 2 of Umaru-chan. Pony Canyon licensed but hasn't released Welcome to the Ballroom (which was also Amazon-exclusive), and six other shows that were all Amazon-exclusive are still unlicensed for home video as far as we know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1