• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Anime Reveals Cast, 2021 Delay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:48 am Reply with quote
Hopefully someone licenses this.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:07 am Reply with quote
I was just laughing at the fact that the keyart never happens.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 am Reply with quote
Love the manga, looking forward to it's eventual airing Very Happy
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:22 am Reply with quote
So based on the casting alone, it seems this adaptation will be a multi-cour anime, since no matter how you rush the contents, you need at least 24+ episodes to get to those characters' introduction.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
So based on the casting alone, it seems this adaptation will be a multi-cour anime, since no matter how you rush the contents, you need at least 24+ episodes to get to those characters' introduction.

All the characters that are listed here will appear in the first few episodes though?
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Love the manga, looking forward to it's eventual airing Very Happy

Same here! I hope they end up animating the Roxy spinoff as well, I am enjoying both of them.
Duy Tùng

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

Three out of four appeared in the first volume while b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ last one in volume 2 though.

But honestly I hope there will be 2 cours at least spoiler[until the fight against Orsted]
yeehaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I really like the visual and the characters are very cute, but boy oh boy does this sound like a basic cookie-cutter isekai. At least there's no mention of slavery.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:02 pm Reply with quote
yeehaw wrote:
I really like the visual and the characters are very cute, but boy oh boy does this sound like a basic cookie-cutter isekai. At least there's no mention of slavery.

The initial premise is absolutely cookie cutter, but the writing and the art are both top notch. The writing being good (the manga, at least, I can't speak to the light novels) is what elevates this title above so many other isekai shows in my opinion. I also like the fact that the story takes place over quite a long period of time so we get to see characters grow and change.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote
yeehaw wrote:
At least there's no mention of slavery.

spoiler[There's slavery in that world. For certain reasons, even Rudeus finds himself buying a slave(later volumes, unless changed from webnovel version).]
Kibako

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
AkumaChef wrote:
yeehaw wrote:

The initial premise is absolutely cookie cutter, but the writing and the art are both top notch. The writing being good (the manga, at least, I can't speak to the light novels) is what elevates this title above so many other isekai shows in my opinion. I also like the fact that the story takes place over quite a long period of time so we get to see characters grow and change.

Nah, the manga is quite half-ass compared to novel, lots of the details were skipped and some scenes were completely changed, which were worse (*cough* encounter with zanoba *cough*)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1