• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Game Gets 10th Anniversary Fate/Extra Record Remake

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Looks good so far, and the gameplay looks like it's been revamped too, hopefully for the better.

RIP Tsukihime though.
Zimmer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:34 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Looks good so far, and the gameplay looks like it's been revamped too, hopefully for the better.

RIP Tsukihime though.
Studio BB is separate division while the main development team is supposedly working on the Tsukihime remake. Not that you should get your hopes up either way.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 am Reply with quote
The quality of this cements Type-Moon Studio BB as an actual serious developer within the japanese game development scene. They have two more projects in their hand and I really hope they're not strictly Fate related. If they manage to break free from Fate, they may actually become a pretty serious developer and that would be very interesting to see.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 am Reply with quote
It's actually kind of funny. If this is a faithful remake then spoiler[Arcuied will actually show up during the fourth week]
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Well all I really want is CCC but this will do for now.
kotelo_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:09 am Reply with quote
Fate/EXTRA Record and Fate/EXTRA Last Encore were supposed to be released at the same time. For "reasons", that didn't happen and Last Encore ended up alone.

Now this makes a lot of sense, why would you release an anime that ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES knowledge of a game that isn't even accesible anymore? That was the answer, you were supposed to play Record and see the differences between Hakuno in the "normal" MoonCell, and HAKUNO in the "corrupted" MoonCell.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am Reply with quote
If Tsukihime ever can get off the ground it would be a breath of fresh air.. Fate Extra was an OK game. Not great mostly because the battle mechanics were wonky until you got used to it.

I've been told that CCC improved much of what I disliked about the first game. But that never made it out west.

I would not be quick to jump on this regardless the whole Moon Cell concept never really clicked for me.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
Well all I really want is CCC but this will do for now.

I'm hoping that this is a success and it sells enough copies to greenlight a remake and english version CCC.
Been reading the CCC foxtail manga and there was quite a bit content/ideas that was scrapped or exluded for any number of reasons(pacing, resources, mood, etc.)
And depending on your viewpoint BB and her connection to sakura and Kiara was ALSO intended or at least referenced to in the first game.
Theres a line where nurse sakura and hakuno talk about her being an opponent and she goesspoiler[ "Oh my gosh. There's no way that could happen. Nope, no way at all... *Giggle*"
Then during the 5th or final week of the war you can't enter the infrmary because there are otherworldly noises and laughter coming from behind the door.]

I seriously wonder how much of extra was planned from conception or just made up as they went on.
Morning Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote
This was the game with the Padoru Padoru meme, right? Or am I thinking of a different game?
joeydoa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I played through Fate/Extra on the PS Vita (on which the original PSP game is available) a couple of years ago. It is a very good almost excellent dungeon crawler/visual novel hybrid, although I would rather have an official western port of the Fate Stay Night visual novel. If it is a dramatic remake with extra content and available for the switch I would definitely consider a purchase.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1