• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Anime Unveils More Cast, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:35 am Reply with quote
Not sure when will I watch this, or rather when will I get into DQ in general for that matter, but I have to say that as much as old school seiyu are legendary, it really is a good decision to do a recast several decades after with younger ones, instead of the old ones forcing themselves to sound young again.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Toei Animation is producing the anime,

And Crunchyroll will put Toei logo on images and videos clips of Dragon Quest on their website and Twitter like other Toei animes (One Piece, Digimon Adventure, Dragon Ball Z and Super).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
Not sure when will I watch this, or rather when will I get into DQ in general for that matter, but I have to say that as much as old school seiyu are legendary, it really is a good decision to do a recast several decades after with younger ones, instead of the old ones forcing themselves to sound young again.

Considering the criticism that Jouji Yanami got from American DBZ fans (and presumably) the Japanese fans over his reprising of King Kai in the earlier episodes of Super?

Sometimes no.
gold12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Toei always makes anime of series that are 30/40 years old. Laughing
#Satou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:12 pm Reply with quote
gold12 wrote:
Toei always makes anime of series that are 30/40 years old. Laughing

Can't blame them, when they try har with series like Ayakashi, kuchu buranko and kyousougiga they only lose money and get complete ignore, I bet they gain more with the fail with sailor moon crystal, they got attention and even sell a lot of goods for sailor moon and now sailor moon is collaborating with plenty of companies.... Maybe next time Toei try hard with an Original anime people can give them some attention...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1