• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo to Draw Burn the Witch 'Season 2' Sequel Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikku45

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:16 am Reply with quote
I remember people saying that he wont do anymore Anime hyper
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:25 am Reply with quote
I thought Kubo had said that writing and drawing Bleach was literally killing him with illness at the time, and that's why it had such a rushed and awful conclusion? I guess he finally got over whatever was ailing him years later.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
Presumably the mini-series format of this manga is far less strenuous than it was working on a weekly manga like Bleach.

The fact it appears to be releasing in seasonal bites most likely allows Kubo to take it more easy than on a weekly series.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Presumably the mini-series format of this manga is far less strenuous than it was working on a weekly manga like Bleach.

The fact it appears to be releasing in seasonal bites most likely allows Kubo to take it more easy than on a weekly series.

Now if only a certain Hiatus x Hiatus lad took a queue from this...
delariean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:32 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

Now if only a certain Hiatus x Hiatus lad took a queue from this...

please..I'm still waiting on Bastard!!!! to resume....at least you get some chapters....
Serinox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:56 pm Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
I thought Kubo had said that writing and drawing Bleach was literally killing him with illness at the time, and that's why it had such a rushed and awful conclusion? I guess he finally got over whatever was ailing him years later.

Nope, Kubo has stated in a radio interview that he worked through his health problems to reach the Bleach ending that he had envisioned and was satisfied with. And he accomplished that, according to himself.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
JeffreySweeney wrote:

Nope, Kubo has stated in a radio interview that he worked through his health problems to reach the Bleach ending that he had envisioned and was satisfied with. And he accomplished that, according to himself.

Which is complete nonsense, there is no way he intended it to just end the way that it did.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:

So he envisioned it being a sloppy mess with unanswered plot holes and events like the Gerard Valkyrie fight that ultimately amounted to nothing? Understood. Why else would there need be novels written by other people in order to tie up loose ends that he himself was not able to during the manga's run? Remember when Cyborg Zombie Kira was fighting Chicken-kun and the manga cut away from the fight and never showed how it resolved or the fate of either character involved? How about the stupid and lackluster fight between Ichigo and Aizen Vs Yhwach? If that's the ending he envisioned and was satisfied with, then he clearly wanted to be done with Bleach and move on to other things.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully anime will add A LOT of canon filler content that will "correct" things, at least to some extent.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad Kubo is coming back for more! Also there is a typo in the article. The organization is Wing Bind not Wing Bird.

JeffreySweeney wrote:
Serinox wrote:

So he envisioned it being a sloppy mess with unanswered plot holes and events like the Gerard Valkyrie fight that ultimately amounted to nothing? Understood. Why else would there need be novels written by other people in order to tie up loose ends that he himself was not able to during the manga's run? Remember when Cyborg Zombie Kira was fighting Chicken-kun and the manga cut away from the fight and never showed how it resolved or the fate of either character involved? How about the stupid and lackluster fight between Ichigo and Aizen Vs Yhwach? If that's the ending he envisioned and was satisfied with, then he clearly wanted to be done with Bleach and move on to other things.

Just wanna say something here. Kubo was HEAVILY involved in the creation of the novels, so it's not like the stories told in them weren't created by him at all. I do agree with you on Kubo not ending it how he wanted to though. Just because he said he was satisfied with the ending that doesn't mean it was everything he wanted it to be. Hell, good chances he just said that so people don't get upset.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
JeffreySweeney wrote:

I'm pretty sure Kubo was only referring to the last 2 chapters which take place after the events of the 1000 year blood war.
Serinox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:02 pm Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Serinox wrote:
JeffreySweeney wrote:

I'm pretty sure Kubo was only referring to the last 2 chapters which take place after the events of the 1000 year blood war.

Kubo had health problems (severed shoulder tendons) for months before that, and he said in that interview that there were times where he thought about ending the series prematurely, but in the end, he said he pushed through his health issues to reach an ending he was satisfied with.

Unless, of course, you assume that Kubo lied for some reason.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I feel like he would be amazing doing the art while paired with a writer, like what Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata do.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I've never touched Bleach before but I enjoyed this mini series. I'll be interested to see the movie when it comes out and the manga continuation.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
Kubo had health problems (severed shoulder tendons) for months before that, and he said in that interview that there were times where he thought about ending the series prematurely, but in the end, he said he pushed through his health issues to reach an ending he was satisfied with.

Unless, of course, you assume that Kubo lied for some reason.

I knew all of that, and no, I don't think he was lying. I just think he was referring to the actual ending, aka the final 2 chapters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2