• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fruits Basket Anime Gets 'Final' Season in 2021

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I figured this would be the case. Since the manga's so long in and of itself, I didn't think just 50 episodes would be enough to cover the whole thing. It getting a third season is a pretty big achievement. Also, when was the last time we got a shoujo anime that lasted longer than 50 episodes over the last 20 years?
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Almost thought they'd do a 4th season,but the way I've seen it, they've put two chapters in one episode at times. But so far, they've done a wonderful job on it. It makes me wonder if they've got plans to do Fruits Basket Another as an anime now or even the 3 Musketeers arc as an OVA...that would be interesting.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read the FB manga but I didn't think the Soma curse was gonna be take care of in the final episode of this season. Good to have confirmation of the Final Season, though.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:39 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I figured this would be the case. Since the manga's so long in and of itself, I didn't think just 50 episodes would be enough to cover the whole thing. It getting a third season is a pretty big achievement. Also, when was the last time we got a shoujo anime that lasted longer than 50 episodes over the last 20 years?

It’s rare but Natsume Yuujinchou is another one that comes to mind
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It’s rare but Natsume Yuujinchou is another one that comes to mind

As much as I absolutely adore Natsume as a show, I was mostly referring to shows that explicitly had female main characters.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:00 pm Reply with quote
To no one's surprise, since they confirmed years ago that they were adapting the entire manga, but still great news. "The Final" is gonna be amazing, I'm sure
Zefram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:03 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Last 30 years maybe - Marmalade Boy and Hana Yori Dango but not last 20 years.
Haru Kambe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:08 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Chihayafuru has 3 seasons with a total of 70+ episodes
Oggers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Sounds about right to me. This anime will definitely need at least one more season to completely cover the manga's story.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:48 pm Reply with quote
When the first season ended, I predicted that, at the pace that it was going, Furuba was going to have three 25-episode seasons. We don’t know exactly how many episodes season 3 will have yet, but from the looks of it, at least the “three seasons” part of my prediction seems to be accurate.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 pm Reply with quote
There are 43 chapters left to adapt (90-93 and 98-136, the last of which is extra-sized), so another 25 episodes should be more than enough to cover them without rushing through stuff. They could even do it in 22 episodes while keeping the usual two-chapters-per-episode pace.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I somehow worried that if Furuba season 3 have 13 episodes (50+13=63 episodes), the pacing may end up rushed and some chapters/scenes may be skipped/removed at all because of it. The one cour may ruined season 3.
Oggers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:43 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
I somehow worried that if Furuba season 3 have 13 episodes (50+13=63 episodes), the pacing may end up rushed and some chapters/scenes may be skipped/removed at all because of it. The one cour may ruined season 3.

The first two seasons have both been two cours long, so I don't think that's something we need to worry about too much.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaaaay!

Just finished watching S2 today, so good!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Haru Kambe wrote:
Chihayafuru has 3 seasons with a total of 70+ episodes

I was just going to mention this show. Unlike FruBa, it is not yet finished, not for manga and therefore not for anime although there is a live-action ending.

So glad for the third season. Saw the Studio Deen adaptation back in the day. Held out for 20 years of not reading the manga, I think I can hold out for a few months to watch the series in its entirety.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2