• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanma Baki - Son of Ogre Manga Gets Anime as 3rd Baki Series on Netflix

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bullza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing at 13 episodes this will cover everything spoiler[up through the defeat of Biscuit Olivia.]
3ngag3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh boy. The final battle is coming.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I was very impressed with how Toshiki Hirano and his staff at TMS adapted the second Baki series (titled simply "Baki"), and I was hoping the anime would continue at least until the end of the third one ("Hanma Baki"), which is where the manga was originally supposed to end before Itagaki decided to continue it two years later with even more ludicrous opponents for the main character and his friends to face.

Hopefully the staff will remain the same, but once they get to the end of the third series, I wish they'd go back and remake the first one. The 2001 TV series was a very compromised adaptation, which toned down or removed a lot of material and had very inconsistent animation, especially in its second half, and I don't think it's streaming legally anywhere.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The Oliva V Baki prison fight is what I'm looking forward to the most.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:41 am Reply with quote
Streamers seem to get consistent results with the insane martial arts genre. And Baki is no different, since it cracked the Netflix top 10 when it hit, something most of their anime and Western animation can’t do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1