• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Otherside Picnic Anime on January 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBeron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:38 am Reply with quote
Interesting that there was not anything announced for Germany yet while Wakanim France, Scandinavia and Russia had an announcement. I'm confused
TheBeron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:17 am Reply with quote
So after asking Wakanim Germany they said that they do not have the streaming rights:
https://twitter.com/WakanimDe/status/1338390338008969216?s=20
el_morris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:59 am Reply with quote
And what about Latin America? Funimation it's available in Brazil and here in México, but seems we won't be able to enjoy this series, at least legally.
matt78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:31 am Reply with quote
el_morris wrote:
And what about Latin America? Funimation it's available in Brazil and here in México, but seems we won't be able to enjoy this series, at least legally.

Maybe it will go to Crunchyroll since it is going to be under one roof soon. It makes no sense to expand Funimation down there after the Crunchyroll purchase.
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:17 am Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:
el_morris wrote:

Maybe it will go to Crunchyroll since it is going to be under one roof soon. It makes no sense to expand Funimation down there after the Crunchyroll purchase.

After an anime is licensed by Funimation, it won't be licensed by anyone else. Unless other company (such as AnimeOnegai) finally announces it, it's blocked in LATAM.

BTW, it was confirmed this will be available on Russia.

https://twitter.com/WakanimRUS/status/1337789476639305732
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:37 am Reply with quote
Friki del Mal wrote:
matt78 wrote:
el_morris wrote:

After an anime is licensed by Funimation, it won't be licensed by anyone else. Unless other company (such as AnimeOnegai) finally announces it, it's blocked in LATAM.

BTW, it was confirmed this will be available on Russia.

https://twitter.com/WakanimRUS/status/1337789476639305732

Even the Sony deal, I think Crunchyroll will have less winter animes, including Aniplex ones than Funi like the fall animes. These days all animes are licensed by Funi. Sad.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:07 pm Reply with quote
People should probably also be taking it up with the Japanese licensors not granting them worldwide streaming rights instead of just assuming it's all Funimation's decision. Also Funimation's purchase of Crunchyroll is not automatic as they still have to go through regulatory approval processes. I don't expect any changes to happen to Crunchyroll or Funimation anytime soon. It will at least be several months.
TheBeron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Also Funimation's purchase of Crunchyroll is not automatic as they still have to go through regulatory approval processes. I don't expect any changes to happen to Crunchyroll or Funimation anytime soon. It will at least be several months.

From the experiance of the takeover of viz media Europe by Crunchyroll around the same time last year the first minor changes started (a few new titles on both services) around April and the real impact came in July/August (first old titles moving to CR). And many transfers were just now in the begining of December.
I expect similar timings for the CR-takeover.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:37 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
People should probably also be taking it up with the Japanese licensors not granting them worldwide streaming rights instead of just assuming it's all Funimation's decision. Also Funimation's purchase of Crunchyroll is not automatic as they still have to go through regulatory approval processes. I don't expect any changes to happen to Crunchyroll or Funimation anytime soon. It will at least be several months.

Seems that Japanese licensors are prefer Funimation over Crunchyroll.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1