• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noblesse (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Noblesse (TV)

Plot Summary: Rai wakes up from 820-years long sleep and starts his new life as a student in a high school founded by his loyal servant, Frankenstein. But his peaceful days with other human students are soon interrupted by mysterious attackers known as the "Unions".
----------------------------------

Based on the South Korean manhwa, which was, then, adapted into a webtoon (first time hearing that term). I think this is the first Korean-to-Japanese anime adaptation I've heard of. I don't doubt others exist, but this my own first personal experience of it.

Production I.G. is producing it, so it could be okay. I think they excel more at sci-fi and crime thrillers rather than supernatural (which is what this feels like). Will give it a shot.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Ya know how there are some basically junky shows out there that for some reason you just end up liking any way? That's Noblesse for me. I could never objectively defend its merits but I enjoy it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 am Reply with quote
I'm sad that the animation isn't as sharp as it was for the OVA, but other than that I've really got no complaints (ok, I hate the ED song, as it doesn't fit at all).

I just wonder how it's going over for people who haven't read the Webtoon. It makes sense to me since I know the story, but if I didn't I'm not sure I'd get what was going on.

It's really a shame this didn't come out sooner though. I think the failures of ToG and GoHS kinda soured a lot of people on even giving subsequent CR/Webtoon titles a shot.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I haven't read the Webtoon but I feel like I basically know what's going on. Obviously, there questions whose answers haven't been revealed yet, but I feel like those are coming. For example, this past eppie has started filling in the Frankenstein/Rai back story. I am kinda curious what Franky was doing during the 800 years Rai was snoozing in his coffin...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I've forgotten so much of the story myself, but I don't think they ever really told us. I mean I do remember some major shenanigans going on while he slept, but I don't remember if Franky had much or any involvement with all that. I guess he was just busy in his lab and setting up his school for Students in Peril ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even with what I recall, I can't begin to guess what they hope to cover this season. Hell, they could spend the rest of the season just sorting out the Nobles' politics and explaining how Rei ended up sleeping with the fishes.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 am Reply with quote
So yeah, they did just spend the time on Noble politics, and a little of Franky showing off against them.

I actually think they did a pretty good job for only having 13 episodes to do anything with. I had fun with it, even if animating the Nobles' hierarchy rules and formalities made it even harder to take them seriously than it already was just reading it. I wonder if they'll get to do any more? I'll be there for it if they do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1