• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Cub Motorbike Anime Unveils New Visual, April Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMeepiestMorp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:15 am Reply with quote
Another slice-of-life anime that takes place in Yamanashi, eh? It makes me wonder how much the Yamanashi prefectural government may play a role in using shows like this to promote tourism to the region similar to Saga and its governor. Clearly this anime is trying to reach for the same audience as Yuru Camp as it overlaps in multiple ways, so I could definitely see it being a possibility.

In any case, I am more than ready for more iyashikei.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:38 am Reply with quote
I've only read parts of the manga adaptation, which might be different from the LN, but it's not the same kind of iyashikei as Yuru Camp for sure. For starters, a warning out there, it features high school bullies who are absolutely out for the main character for being different from them. And there are some other random dickheads she meets along the way as well. So it's more like the "screw these people, I'm out"-kind of series. And it's very slow, the focus is more on the journey, so there's barely any dialogue. It's still pretty good though and I hope the adaptation does it justice.
TheMeepiestMorp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 am Reply with quote
Dang, that's pretty different than the feeling I got from the PV. The fact it has bullies in it definitely separates it from Yuru Camp and the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vibes I was getting from it. In any case, it seems like the sort of show I'd enjoy regardless, so I'll probably check it out once April comes around.
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:46 pm Reply with quote
As a motorbike rider and big fan of Yokohama kaidashi kikou and iyashi-kei anime in general, I'll definitely watch this series!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1