• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golgo 13 Manga Gets 1st Ever Spinoff in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
So the premise is that Golgo 13 had a sidekick all this time and this person was just never mentioned or seen before? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Though to be fair, if that could work for any character, it would be Golgo 13, whose personal life is never revealed and who hardly ever says anything beside "....."
Spawn29

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish they did something new with Golog 13 when it comes to adaptions. A Netflix anime adaption would do well with for the non-anime fans who enjoy action movies.
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
So the premise is that Golgo 13 had a sidekick all this time and this person was just never mentioned or seen before? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

There is one recurring character, a gunsmith named Dave McCartney, whom Golgo calls up whenever he needs any new/modified M16. Maybe the series is about him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1