• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, June 21-27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Scarlet Nexus debuting with 30,000+ total copies sold for PS4/PS5 sounds pretty underwhelming for a new IP, and they have freakin' anime series that just premiered. Is Bandai Namco hoping peeps outside of Japan will pick up the slack?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:04 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Scarlet Nexus debuting with 30,000+ total copies sold for PS4/PS5 sounds pretty underwhelming for a new IP, and they have freakin' anime series that just premiered. Is Bandai Namco hoping peeps outside of Japan will pick up the slack?

The game was always going to sell more overseas. That is where majority of sales reside. This isn't like Dragon Quest or Momotaro, for example, where Japans sales would outsell everything worldwide because overseas players aren't into those sort of games.
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with video games at all, however, why would people buy a golf game? Sounds so boring lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1