• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Anime Season Gets Compilation Film This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I know this series gets hate for the CGI, but I think the story is classic Stand alone complex. If they can improve the CGI, and cut out some of the lesser parts, this could be bette than watching the full show.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:24 am Reply with quote
"Money make the world go round..."
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:47 am Reply with quote
I hope this can help lead to a season two being made because I personally enjoyed it and I want to see the story completed.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 am Reply with quote
If they ever make a new entry in this sub series that goes back to 2D, I will certainly give it a try.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:59 am Reply with quote
The show was disappointing all around and that's not just the garbage CG they used. The only thing that kept my bile down was that they brought back the old cast. I'm sure they can pretty up some of the CG for a compilation movie, but it would take more than that to rescue the train wreck. Here's hoping that when a 2nd season is released that they raise their game substantially.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:47 am Reply with quote
Still eagerly awaiting season two, since the first ended abruptly mid-arc. Kamiyama and Aramaki appear to be working on 4 or 5 projects at the same time, so God knows when they'll get around to it, if they haven't already.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:05 am Reply with quote
There was only one standalone episode. Maybe half of another but that is it. How can any of this be summarized in under 2 hours and the cliffhanger is fretty extreme. S2 when?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tsog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
I know this series gets hate for the CGI, but I think the story is classic Stand alone complex.

Mayyyyyyybe near the end as it built up to the cliffhanger, but the whole season just felt like a cash grab with little of the depth that made the original so good for me. And that CGI didn't help either.

I thought at least they tried to mix it up by adding a new, albeit tropey, character for the first arc only to drop him unceremoniously once the arc was over.
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Anime cry I don't want a comp film, I want season 2!!!

I thought this was a great story and I really want to see where it goes/ends. I've always loved GITS and the Stand Alone/Complex 1 and 2 were some amazing stories back in the day.

I've always hated comp films, they sometimes add some extra scenes that help fill out the story but mostly it's just what we've already seen, only cut down a squashed into 2 hours instead of 6 or 7 hours.

At least this confirms we will see a 2nd season, just not anytime soon. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1