• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World's Ko Hiratori Launches New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 am Reply with quote
Well, moving from a sex worker to a hostess isekai...the author knows their genre I guess.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:10 am Reply with quote
Waiting for the sex worker anime adaptation to be announced.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 am Reply with quote
JK Haru is a heavily underappreciated pair of novels which offer a surprisingly strong, adult-oriented take on the isekai formula. I'll check out anything new by the same author.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
JK Haru is a heavily underappreciated pair of novels which offer a surprisingly strong, adult-oriented take on the isekai formula. I'll check out anything new by the same author.

Indeed.

The way it handles the theme of prositution, misogynies and emotional backage and survivability leaves quite an impression, i cant help but wonder that maybe the author might have drawn from the personal experiences as it seems so deep.

I encourage anyway one to check it out, if they want something more of a deep read. It leaves quite an impact, i will say that much.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:

You mean an OVA or ONA or something right? Because it needs to cut a lot of stuff to air on regular TV.

Thespacemaster wrote:
I encourage anyway one to check it out, if they want something more of a deep read. It leaves quite an impact, i will say that much.

Hear hear! I just started but I can already see the potential it has. Looking forward to the rest of the content.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
The way it handles the theme of prositution, misogynies and emotional backage and survivability leaves quite an impression, i cant help but wonder that maybe the author might have drawn from the personal experiences as it seems so deep.

I have also been of this opinion ever since reading the first novel, and I know that view is shared by others that I have talked to about the novel.

I will also say that anyone who reads the first novel should check out the second as well. It's a collection of short stories featuring various characters in the setting (including the title character), some of which overlap with the main novel and some of which are effectively sequels. Maybe not quite as impactful as the first novel, but the stories all still good and, in some cases, insightful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice! Just preordered all 3 volumes!
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 pm Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:
AnimeFlyz wrote:

You mean an OVA or ONA or something right? Because it needs to cut a lot of stuff to air on regular TV.

Absolutely. No way would this series be able to air on TV unless it cut out a lot, and doing that would really lessen the emotional impact of the story.[/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1