• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Fuga: Melodies of Steel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I just bought this yesterday, and while normally these games aren't my cup of tea, I'm really liking Fuga so far. It's a shame it got so little advertising, as I agree that this game is great. Though I do think it relies too much on narration at times and I would have loved to see even more scenes of the characters interacting with one another.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess without a big bank behind it, this was the best they can do. Cute cat designs and World War II, sounds quite interesting. Says it is on PC, hopefully it is on Steam.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Yep, it's on Steam!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Says it is on PC, hopefully it is on Steam.

It is. It's also on the Switch and both XBox consoles. It's supposed to be on PS4 and PS5 as well, but mispricing issues made CC2 pull it out of there so they could rectify the issue, and some other stuff involving the Deluxe Editions.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't heard much of this game before, but this review and the artstyle has sold me on it.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Holy shit someone else knows about Maple Town Anime dazed;
RenimLS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Somewhat reminds me of the pre-production work for Valkyria Chronicles where the Darcsens were originally the Bast Folk, a race of cat eared people.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Todd Ciolek got me into SoLaToRoBo all those years ago on the DS and it quickly became one of my favorites. Yes, it's entirely too easy (all that fun customization on the Dahak goes to waste when the game is such a cakewalk), but the game sticks with you.

Seeing a new Tail Concerto direct that emotional grasp towards a tragic end sounds amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Full thanks to Todd, because I never would have heard of this otherwise.
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
anime-to-game adaptations stretching from Naruto and .hack

Actually, .hack originated as a multimedia project so they're not really an anime-to-game adaptation (I'm pretty sure the anime and games are all separate from each other and do not cover the same stories but I'm not well versed in the .hackverse.)

Anyway, this game sounds interesting! I played solotarobo and while I didn't finish it (purely because of distraction) I enjoyed the atmosphere, the world setting and the music.
I'll add this one to my wishlist.

The Soul cannon thing sounds interesting.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
Quote:
anime-to-game adaptations stretching from Naruto and .hack

Actually, .hack originated as a multimedia project so they're not really an anime-to-game adaptation (I'm pretty sure the anime and games are all separate from each other and do not cover the same stories but I'm not well versed in the .hackverse.)

Yeah, they're all separate but connect in various ways (and sometimes reuse the same character designs with recolors lol). The only adaptation is .hack//G.U. Trilogy movie which (badly) adapts the G.U. games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1