• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
locked posts

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodwill67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Hello

A short while back I posted a question on the forum. I needed some help. It was locked in spite of having been viewed 61 times. I private messaged the moderator who locked it and politely asked why it was locked. I did not mean to do or say anything objectionable and so far as I know I didn't. I only wanted to understand the reason it was locked. This seemed a very reasonable question. I received no response. I later sent an email to moderator and received no reply. I finally sent another private message and was still ignored. I was wondering if it is typical for moderators to ignore questions. I thought it was a very reasonable question.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pm Reply with quote
As I wrote in reply to your post you need to discuss your issues with Funimation. ANN is not the Funimation tech desk.

Did you read this line on the main forum page (my italics)?

Quote:
Bugs & Technical Questions
Get technical help for the newsfeed, the forums, and report script & HTML bugs here ("Invalid_session" answer here). Don't ask about your DVD player, fansubs, computer software, or anything else not related to the website.

If any readers have a suggestion they can send you a PM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:12 pm Reply with quote
We lock threads in the "Bugs & Technical Questions" forum once they are considered "closed."

That forum is specifically for help with ANN and only ANN, which is not what you were asking for. Errinundra explained that we can't help you with your tech problems on another website, and with that the help request was essentially closed, therefore the thread was locked.

It wasn't done as a punishment to you, or because you were perceived as rude or anything like that.

Hope this is clear.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1