• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Retailers List Isekai Shōkan wa Nidome Desu Light Novels With TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:40 am Reply with quote
This post has been edited and original content has been deleted.

Remember Teh Rules:

Quote:
1. Above all else: Be Polite
2. Post relevant, positive responses.

~SenpaiDuckie
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:22 am Reply with quote
I feel like I'm missing something in the premise.

So does he get isekaied to not-normal-worlds twice, or is it just him getting "deported" back to his original world? Will it spend time with him growing up again in his original world, or is it just going to pull a 10-30 year time skip after the "deportation?"
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:50 am Reply with quote
Isekaid --> kicked home --> isekaid again
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:29 am Reply with quote
So he goes back to see how much the Isekai world has changed in his absence?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am Reply with quote
Pretty much.
Revan32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
The summary is missing the last part

There was once a man who was summoned to another world, and saved it. Of course, he became too popular there, and turned into an isekai-normie. However, that man fell into a “trap”, and was forcibly returned to his original world. Moreover, he had to start over as a baby! This is the story of the way-too-fantastic ex-hero who lived as a gloomy high-schooler as he gets summoned once again to that other world in a very unexpected development!

It would have been more interesting to stay in the normal world, maybe bringing over the harem and adjusting to a normal life - like Uncle from Another World or Hataraku Maou-sama
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I feel like Isekai anime are running out of good/original ideas for their stories. But I'll see first how this gonna turn out Confused
gpanthony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Imagine the identity crises this guy has... does he mentally refer to himself by his original name, his isekai name, or his reincarnated Earth name? Did his isekai friends age while he was gone, or does time move different and the second time he goes to the fantasy world it's like he's brought back the moment he was originally teleported away?
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:35 pm Reply with quote
gpanthony wrote:
Did his isekai friends age while he was gone, or does time move different and the second time he goes to the fantasy world it's like he's brought back the moment he was originally teleported away?

Guy is summoned, saves the world, then is forced back to his original world. He's born as a baby again with memories of his old life. In high school in his new life, he ends up being summoned to the same world, some years later from when he was there before, with his entire class this time. So yes they aged, but it's not decades later.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Futabasha published the first print novel volume with illustrations by 40hara in October 2015

I was checking for my spreadsheet, and Amazon.co.jp lists the publication date as November 2 -- is this wrong?
Melicans

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
It's a bit surprising this is getting an anime when the main series ended four years ago. What I read of the series was good, if confusing at times. I hope the anime will be enjoyable.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, this certainly sounds interesting. On my list to read.
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
So is this just an isekai take on the Misfit of Demon King Academy? Where the over powered guy comes back and stakes his claims on everything again?

No one seems to actually be speaking up for the source. So I have no idea what its actually like. The cover just looks like your standard sword art wannabe series. Kirito alike main character with girls drapped over him. Nothing else stands out.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
So is this just an isekai take on the Misfit of Demon King Academy? Where the over powered guy comes back and stakes his claims on everything again?

No one seems to actually be speaking up for the source. So I have no idea what its actually like. The cover just looks like your standard sword art wannabe series. Kirito alike main character with girls drapped over him. Nothing else stands out.

There is a bit of similarity there, where the MC has to navigate the world he saved and face the consequences of him being gone, but there's also the modern-day Japan class that was summoned with him. Yes, he's overpowered (he did save the world, after all), but he's not invincible.

Misfit is kind of an absurdist satire with an intricate world-building plot mixed in, whereas this story is more of a typical fantasy adventure comedy.
Cryten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your swift reply.

Does it go the more slice of life fantasy ala the Sages Grandson or does it go for the battle orientated with people to defeat every second episode or so?

I didn't expect it to do Misfits style of absurdity, it was just the only analog I could think of to the plot of returning to a world that has moved on. And then restamping their power apon it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2