• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: '86' Anime Also Delays Episode 19 by 1 Week Due to 'Production Issues'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:28 pm Reply with quote
It's gotta be the morpho. My guess is that they postponed the last episode to buy some time and they still werent able to pull it off so they need to postpone next weeks as well. The Morpho has to be an absolute beast to animate. If there are future seasons, I hope they try and animate the stuff before hand. I know it's not how the Japanese industry works but some of the battles in the future novels are pretty damn complicated and are movie like in their scope
saber721

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:44 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
It's gotta be the morpho. My guess is that they postponed the last episode to buy some time and they still werent able to pull it off so they need to postpone next weeks as well. The Morpho has to be an absolute beast to animate. If there are future seasons, I hope they try and animate the stuff before hand. I know it's not how the Japanese industry works but some of the battles in the future novels are pretty damn complicated and are movie like in their scope

Agreed. This episode definitely wasn’t animation heavy, but you can bet the next one ABSOLUTELY will be
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, better done right than done quick, I suppose. I've been recommending 86 to people disappointed with gen:Lock and I'd rather they took their time and got things done right.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:58 pm Reply with quote
So is this the episode that was supposed to air on the 11th and things are just getting shuffled, or is nothing airing on the 11th?
Key

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:06 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm guessing the former. There should be four episodes left, and taking December 11th off entirely would now put the last episode on January 1st.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Millhi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Additionally, the anime had planned to air a special compilation episode on December 11 instead of a regular episode, but that airing is canceled.

This seems wrong? Unless I'm misreading this line, the special on 11 dec is still airing and its the ep itself on that date isnt?
Quote:

また、12月11日(土)の放送は特別編成のため休止となります。

12月11日(土)24:00~ 特別編成のため休止となります。
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 am Reply with quote
Feel bad for them having to animated the Morpho but this production deserves the time it needs to get it right.
TheCanipaEffect

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 am Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:

I'm assuming the Morpho will be in 3DCG, and Shirogumi is likely further ahead on production compared to the 2D staff. I think it's pretty clear from the last few episodes that the 2D animation has been struggling to keep up, so I'd imagine that they've been having a hard time putting together episodes in time in general. Episode 17 had a bunch of uncorrected shots for instance, that an animation director hadn't had the time to fix up.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 am Reply with quote
I haven't even watched this yet since I was waiting for the BD, so as a BD watcher, these episodes will have my interest.
DarkJak2050

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 am Reply with quote
This is reminding me of what happened with Railgun T last year.

Aniplex & A-1 should've done the what Egg Firm & Studio Bind did with Jobless Reincarnation; take 6 months (not 3) in-between halves for the sake of better production & quality control. Those 6 months are paying off for Jobless Reincarnation, while the 3 months for 86 are starting to show their repercussions.

Last thing I want for 86 is for its quality to take a significant nose dive because of production issues, especially since it's showing its potential of becoming a big-name title. And I want this series to do well.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
Quote:
Additionally, the anime had planned to air a special compilation episode on December 11 instead of a regular episode, but that airing is canceled.

This seems wrong? Unless I'm misreading this line, the special on 11 dec is still airing and its the ep itself on that date isnt?
Quote:

Reading the Nihongo statement, it does say that on December 11, the special is cancelled indeed;however, it did not say anything about the 'regular' episode. Surprised
xolulu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:18 am Reply with quote
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
Millhi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Reading the Nihongo statement, it does say that on December 11, the special is cancelled indeed;however, it did not say anything about the 'regular' episode. Surprised

No, Millhi is right, the Japanese statement says that the broadcast (i.e. the regular episode) is cancelled due to the special. 特別編成のため is a subclause of 12月11日の放送は休止となります.
Millhi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote
xolulu wrote:

No, Millhi is right, the Japanese statement says that the broadcast (i.e. the regular episode) is cancelled due to the special. 特別編成のため is a subclause of 12月11日の放送は休止となります.

Thought so, cheers for the confirmation. Went to double check on the Crunchyroll link ANN provided as the source and they had it as
Quote:
The episode set to air on December 11 will also be pushed back due to special programming that night.
which does make more sense in hindsight.

edit: went back to check the ep 18 article as the Japanese statement also had that same message and on that one it got reported correctly.
Picky33

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:39 am Reply with quote
DarkJak2050 wrote:
This is reminding me of what happened with Railgun T last year.

Railgun got caught off Guard by the pandemic, it was one a couple series that started and either had to delay or got canceled.

My biggest worry is how all these delays will affect episode count. will we lose 1-2 episodes forcing the Director to cut major parts of the series, or will he release into the next season.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:51 am Reply with quote
xolulu wrote:
SenpaiDuckie wrote:
Millhi wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Awesomesauce then! The subclause most prob got me confused lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2