• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintama Rantaro Anime Gets 30th Anime Series in Spring 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:05 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that the anime is still ongoing since I saw it around the late 1990s/early 2000s where it was dubbed in Malay and KFC Malaysia sponsored the show on TV.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:24 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the 30th anniversary! Smile

According to NHK's official website, the key visual was drawn by character designer Emiko Niiyama. The tagline on the key visual reads, "Yume wa dekaku nakerya. Tsumaranai darou" (夢はでかくなけりゃ。つまらないだろう). These are part of the lyrics for the series opening theme "Yuuki 100%"

MrTerrorist wrote:
I'm surprised that the anime is still ongoing since I saw it around the late 1990s/early 2000s where it was dubbed in Malay and KFC Malaysia sponsored the show on TV.

That's really interesting KFC Malaysia sponsored the show. Back when the show aired on Malaysian TV, was there a short sponsor screen with something along the lines of "This program is brought to you by KFC"?
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:48 am Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
That's really interesting KFC Malaysia sponsored the show. Back when the show aired on Malaysian TV, was there a short sponsor screen with something along the lines of "This program is brought to you by KFC"?

Iirc, the anime was one or two animated shows promoted for a kids variety show that was owned and sponsored by KFC Malaysia. Basically, KFC Malaysia was promoting their brand to kids by advertising some animated shows like Nitama (and if I remember right, even Samurai X was one of those shows) on their kids variety show.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:52 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
Iirc, the anime was one or two animated shows promoted for a kids variety show that was owned and sponsored by KFC Malaysia. Basically, KFC Malaysia was promoting their brand to kids by advertising some animated shows like Nitama (and if I remember right, even Samurai X was one of those shows) on their kids variety show.

I see. Thanks for your reply Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1