• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Announces Rick and Morty: The Anime, Ninja Kamui Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:40 am Reply with quote
Really excited about Ninja Kamui. Pretty solid staff too. I just hope it's not CGI
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 9:47 am Reply with quote
Well that's certainly not the news I expected to wake up to
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:23 am Reply with quote
Rick and Morty is pretty much Adult Swim’s biggest moneymaker with Family Guy gone and a lot of their former anime partners content to work on their own streaming services. Making anime feels like it a necessity.

This isn’t even the first Rick and Morty anime. They made a bunch of shorts between seasons, and for the most part they’re pretty good. Hell, the anime Voltron parody was miles ahead of the actual show’s Voltron parody.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:31 am Reply with quote
Ninja Kamui sounds like it's just a Ninja Slayer knockoff. Hopefully it's at least half as fun as Ninja Slayer was.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:48 am Reply with quote
Don't know what to think about the Rick & Morty anime, I enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but I haven't seen anything from the show since then, not because I think the show got bad but because I got distracted with other shows and some times I don't have the time to watch it. I know there were some anime R&M shorts but I haven't watch them either. Were them good?
I have some doubts about these kind of projects, everytime they do a parody of anime in a Western cartoon I always think it falls flat. Avatar the Last Airbender is one of the few anime-styled U.S. shows that I think it succeeded in caputuring the style.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:01 am Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
Don't know what to think about the Rick & Morty anime, I enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but I haven't seen anything from the show since then, not because I think the show got bad but because I got distracted with other shows and some times I don't have the time to watch it. I know there were some anime R&M shorts but I haven't watch them either. Were them good?
I have some doubts about these kind of projects, everytime they do a parody of anime in a Western cartoon I always think it falls flat. Avatar the Last Airbender is one of the few anime-styled U.S. shows that I think it succeeded in caputuring the style.

I don't know about the other one but Genocider was pretty cool and it's on YouTube so I'd recommend checking it out. If the series is like that I could see it being pretty interesting.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Another one? How much incest will be featured this time? Keep it in your pants, Dan!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:04 pm Reply with quote
That Rick and Marty news was certainly not what I was expecting but hey I did like the shorts so I'm pretty eager about it. I don't think I've seen the original show since season 3
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

Takashi Sano (Tower of God) will direct the ten-episode Rick and Morty: The Anime series at Telecom Animation Film (Lupin III, Shenmue the Animation). He previously directed the "Rick and Morty vs. Genocider" and "Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil)" animated shorts. The anime will be an original work, with adapted themes and events from the main Rick and Morty animated series.

Ah, "Summer Meets God (Rick Meets Evil)" already has that father/daughter incest subplot that's even weirder than Giant Incest Baby Naruto, so it's already has a foot in the door Laughing
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Is this Rick & Morty anime simply a reason to give Justin Roiland a break?
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Despite this and the anime shorts,it's pretty clear Japan doesn't care about the franchise, considering the Japanese dub of the main show was cancelled after the first three seasons(and yet,they got the cast back for the anime shorts)
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Demarco announce that Rick and Morty anime will not get english dub with the OG cast. i dont know what is the reason , why aired an subbed anime/shows on Toonami ? i rather had Toonami AT&T and Warner tried to renegotiate with Crunchyroll so Toonami can aired more anime dubs just like Toonami LATAM.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Ninja Kamui sounds like it's just a Ninja Slayer knockoff. Hopefully it's at least half as fun as Ninja Slayer was.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Ninja Slayer straight away. Will it be Ninja Slayer played straight, or....
Mizerous

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Wuba dub da heck is this? Never thought I would see this not be a meme.
Mirko The Bunny Gamer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:51 pm Reply with quote
adultswim is quickly finding that it has to rely more on originals for the toonami block especially after The CR/Funimation Merger

however i don't think they can produce these quick enough for them to be a reliable solution to toonami's problems
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2