• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit Anime's Video Reveals Opening Song, October 4 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:24 am Reply with quote
As it's been quite a while since the previous season, I'll be quite happy to see the four compilation episodes as it'll be a good way to get back into the show without trying to find the time to rewatch the old series.

I'm really looking forward to this one!
Kalhiki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:16 am Reply with quote
Yama no Susume is my favorite anime, and I’m so happy to see it back. The PV and key vis both look phenomenal! Excited for this show more than any other next season.
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:34 am Reply with quote
I still can't believe that what started out as a short with a runtime of a few minutes per episode gets a full episode runtime. Essentially, we're getting the same amount of content as season 2. I really can't wait for it to start!

Also, for anyone curious why the first four episodes will be recapping some old parts, the anime is introducing a character who should have appeared somewhere around the latter half of the second season. So there is a lot of content from the manga that was skipped and probably also some parts that were altered. Meaning, the episodes will introduce the character in retrospective and retell some stories with an additional character. Not sure how well that will work, but it definitely won't be just a normal recap that can be skipped.

Additionally, I really like the new opening, the trailer looks amazing and the new key artwork is interesting. While the artwork shows the characters a bit more grown up than they were previously shown, I think that works quite well, especially given both the character growth in the first three seasons and the actual time that has passed. And the trailer just looks gorgeous, I just really love the general style of Yama no Susume and it's so good to see it back!
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am Reply with quote
RobbiRobb wrote:
While the artwork shows the characters a bit more grown up than they were previously shown, I think that works quite well, especially given both the character growth in the first three seasons and the actual time that has passed.

From Hinata reuniting with Aoi on on the first day of their first year in high school (1st ep S1) to late fall/early winter of the same calendar year (end of S3)... Only about eight months have passed for the mountain climbing girls.

S1 was just shy of ten years ago in our world, so it's easy to forget/get mixed up with how little time has passed in theirs.
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:17 pm Reply with quote
DerekL1963 wrote:
RobbiRobb wrote:
While the artwork shows the characters a bit more grown up than they were previously shown, I think that works quite well, especially given both the character growth in the first three seasons and the actual time that has passed.

From Hinata reuniting with Aoi on on the first day of their first year in high school (1st ep S1) to late fall/early winter of the same calendar year (end of S3)... Only about eight months have passed for the mountain climbing girls.

S1 was just shy of ten years ago in our world, so it's easy to forget/get mixed up with how little time has passed in theirs.

Yeah, but eight months is eight months and in that time peoples appearances can change; maybe not as much as we see, but I think it can be seen and here it might be better if it's actually visible in comparison to going over many years and don't have any visible change.

Also, it really was more of a metaphor. Especially Aoi's character has changed so much over the first three seasons, so I can see this being intentionally to show exactly that. Or I'm just making stuff up, who knows.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Looks cute and fun!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1