• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Keiken Zumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai Suru Hanashi' TV Anime Reveals 1st Tr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:49 am Reply with quote
This looks like something I could enjoy. I would love for Sentai/HIDIVE to pick it up.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:04 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this one to air!
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:42 am Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
This looks like something I could enjoy. I would love for Sentai/HIDIVE to pick it up.

I can see Sentai/Hidive picking this up they seem to be getting a bit more into romcoms.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:01 pm Reply with quote
This should be interesting. Shirakawa looks cute. Kind of reminds me of another blonde (Kitagawa). Stillno mention of an exact premier date.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty standard...right up to her undressing so they can have sex.

Looking forward to this one!

The LN illustrations are so beautiful...
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:06 pm Reply with quote
As time goes by, I am always surprised at how many creative people in Japan do not seem to grasp the concept of the title. Would Mickey Spillane have written a book entitled, "My Business Partner's Girlfriend Shot Me In The Back, So I Had To Investigate The Water Commission For A Movie Producer Before I Could Find Justice And Have A Drink"?
Toloran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:46 pm Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
As time goes by, I am always surprised at how many creative people in Japan do not seem to grasp the concept of the title. Would Mickey Spillane have written a book entitled, "My Business Partner's Girlfriend Shot Me In The Back, So I Had To Investigate The Water Commission For A Movie Producer Before I Could Find Justice And Have A Drink"?

Most of the anime you see with the really long titles are based on light novels which are in turn based on Web novels. Because of how those web novel websites are set up and how people read them, when people are browsing series they very rarely read the synopsis. At most, they look at the title before passing on to the next one in the list. So what series started to do is put the synopsis in the title to grab their attention. It might sound dumb (especially in English), but it works.
pip25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:30 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

And in typical romcom fashion, as least as far as the manga adaptation went, they spoiler[don't actually have sex, ever.]
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:05 pm Reply with quote
pip25 wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

And in typical romcom fashion, as least as far as the manga adaptation went, they spoiler[don't actually have sex, ever.]

well hopefully by the end of the series... >.<
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Toloran wrote:
Most of the anime you see with the really long titles are based on light novels which are in turn based on Web novels. Because of how those web novel websites are set up and how people read them, when people are browsing series they very rarely read the synopsis. At most, they look at the title before passing on to the next one in the list. So what series started to do is put the synopsis in the title to grab their attention. It might sound dumb (especially in English), but it works.

Oreimo predates the point when publishers started drawing on webnovels en masse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1