• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Game Gets Remake for PS5

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeelMyBlade

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Gaming really is out of ideas with the amount of remakes we keep getting.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:21 pm Reply with quote
David Hayter or bust.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 pm Reply with quote
https://www.eurogamer.net/metal-gear-solid-delta-snake-eater-announced

it's coming out on all platforms except Nintendo
Kurohei

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm excitesd but worried. Like, is this 100% Konami, or will Hideo Kojima work on it too? I don't really want to think about Metal Gear Survive anymore.
BluesPro

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Why would you think there is even a slight chance that Kojima is working on this?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Kept us waiting, huh?

It'll be weird to have this without any involvement from Kojima, but I hope they get the voice cast back, especially David Hayter.
chronos02

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:06 pm Reply with quote
From what I've read in the official website, it's a "faithful remake".

I will take it over MGS3 being tied to PS2-3 at this point, same with the new collection coming to all platforms (safe nintendo?).
Traptrix Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:18 pm Reply with quote
They always say that when it comes to remakes. They always stretch what being 'faithful' means though.
Slips Python

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:40 pm Reply with quote
This game doesn't need a remake. At best I think it'll be like RE4's remake in that it'll be fun but ultimately pointless and an inferior version. Although unlike RE4 this is not already available on every platform known to man.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty ambivalent on the remake, but I *am* very excited for the remastered versions of MGS1-3: we've been waiting forever for those games to get ported to PC.

Well, MGS1 is already on GOG, but maybe we'll get a different version? Seems like every single Metal Gear game has at least two or three versions with different content, and MGS1 also has that Gamecube remake.

(And while not strictly relevant, it may be interesting to note that when Capcom started remaking the Resident Evil games, they started with RE2, as RE1 had been remade -- also for the Gamecube -- years earlier. And Steam got a port of the Gamecube remake in that case, rather than the PS1 original.)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Slips Python wrote:
This game doesn't need a remake. At best I think it'll be like RE4's remake in that it'll be fun but ultimately pointless and an inferior version.

Game was neither pointless nor inferior.

FeelMyBlade wrote:
Gaming really is out of ideas with the amount of remakes we keep getting.

Which is funny because when they do make an original game that games catches hell for either trying too hard to be like another game or too niche.

Not to mention wasn’t it like a week and a half ago people were complaining about Konami doing nothing with their IPs and instead using their time and resources to sue the makers of the Uma Musume mobile game.

Now they announce a Snake Eater remake and it’s “they’re out of ideas”?
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm not well versed with the Metal Gear series, the only one I completed was Metal Gear Solid, but I know plenty of people wanted a remake of this game, although, on the other hand, I don't think anyone wanted to support a Konami game after all that happen with Kojima and MGSV. Konami's reputation aside, I think this remake is going to do well on brand name alone.

Regarding the MGS collection, I wonder if Konami is planning a Switch version, don't think they'll have trouble running those games on the console, and if it does arrive that would make Kazuya from Tekken the only third-party character whose games are not available on the Switch.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I'm not well versed with the Metal Gear series, the only one I completed was Metal Gear Solid, but I know plenty of people wanted a remake of this game, although, on the other hand, I don't think anyone wanted to support a Konami game after all that happen with Kojima and MGSV.

Try tracking down the video of the Snake Eater Pachinko/Slot game on YouTube which used new animation for some key scenes. And count off the complaints of “they wasted this all for something most people aren’t going to be able to play”.

That just makes the complaints even more hilarious. As to the second point that’s also true but at the same time you also have those who’re indifferent to one or both Konami for their crappy policies, Kojima for stuff like casting spoiler[Keifer Sutherland to play Venom Snake] but all the same people are going to buy regardless.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I think anyone that blindly hates Konami at this point is just doing it out of habit at this point. It's not as if Kojima didn't garner some ill will himself after Death Stranding and some of his other decisions he made prior to his departure. I didn't care for the open world aspect of MGSV myself.

If Konami did recast Hayter as the English voice or Snake that would be pretty funny, though. I could actually see them doing that like how Capcom made Mega Man 11 after Mighty Number 9 failed.
Randomix

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Myself, I am just glad we are at least getting SOMETHING after years of rumors.

Personally, I kinda hoped for MGS1 remake, but MGS3 is also a wonderful game - it will be interesting to see it in modern graphics.

Hopefully HD collection comes to PC as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2