• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy Concert

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf Tooth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I would go, if only it wasn't that expencive Shocked
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what to think of the price. As far a Symphony Orchestra concerts go, the ticket prices are fairly standard...

But I suspect that the people that would be interested in this might not be those most typically willing to spend that kind of money on a concert...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quote
God how I wish I wasn't living in the opposite side of the country.

We need a Yasunori Mitsuda orcestra tribute soon Twisted Evil
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:43 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Yasunori Mitsuda

YES! Chrono Cross is my favorite soundtrack for any RPG. I wish there was a remake for Chrono Trigger though. I think I still remember a lot of those tunes.

Xenogears was OK, but that game moved a little slow for me. My only problem was with the on-screen text speed. It was a little slow, and I couldn't speed it up. That really bogged my momentum going into certain events.

I have a friend that worships this game. I actually played/was forced to play it, and he reveres it as the greatest creation this side of Babel Tower. Ah well, to each his own I suppose. Love the fighting system though (person battle only, Gear fights really sucked...).
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:48 pm Reply with quote
We also need The Black Mages to come over here and do a concert. I got their cd and it's really good.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Yasunori Mitsuda

YES! Chrono Cross is my favorite soundtrack for any RPG. I wish there was a remake for Chrono Trigger though. I think I still remember a lot of those tunes.

Xenogears was OK, but that game moved a little slow for me. My only problem was with the on-screen text speed. It was a little slow, and I couldn't speed it up. That really bogged my momentum going into certain events.

I have a friend that worships this game. I actually played/was forced to play it, and he reveres it as the greatest creation this side of Babel Tower. Ah well, to each his own I suppose. Love the fighting system though (person battle only, Gear fights really sucked...).

Ever since a friend introduced me to Yasunori Mitsuda, I've been playing every rpg he has done music in. *_* I love him. Shame Xenosaga 2 is going to have the music done by Yuki Kaijura. I like her, but not as much as Mitsuda. *is playing her Time and Space: Yasunori Mitsuda tribute cd for the billiionth time at the moment*
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:11 am Reply with quote
I don't consider the price as much of a mistake as the fact that the concert's being held during E3. Most people would rather be playing Square games.
Tokaji Kyoden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:43 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I wish there was a remake for Chrono Trigger though. I think I still remember a lot of those tunes.

There is a remake of Chrono Trigger. They put it out with Final Fantasy IV in Final Fantasy Chronicles
jtnishi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote
It's being held the Monday of E3 week. Unless you're a full attendee, the exhibit hall, which is what everyone cares about, doesn't open until Wednesday.

Besides, I'm willing to bet 90% of the people who want these tickets don't & won't have E3 passes anyway.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Tokaji Kyoden wrote:
There is a remake of Chrono Trigger. They put it out with Final Fantasy IV in Final Fantasy Chronicles

I meant the music. I've played Chrono Trigger on Playstation, but I was wanting the musical score to be TOTALLY redone with a live orchestra and everything. Great game though, my favorite one is SNES version. Wink
jcflip80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I just bought 2 tickets for this concert and my friend's dad is hooking me up with E3 tickets (since he works for a cable company) like he always does. I think the tickets were rather expensive ($85 bucks each for terrace), but I love orchestral music and Nobuo Uematsu is one of my favorite composers of all time. I guess I have to skip work on this week Razz
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if there's a dress code for this.
betterjuice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:03 am Reply with quote
dang! Ticketmaster said its sold out. Anyone in the same problem?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1