• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote
Name: Andrew

Location: Indiana, I could tell you specifically but then you really wouldn't know where it was if I did, yes I live in a place that the number of businesses/stop signs can be counted on one hand!

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Presbyterian

Drink/Smoke: What I have money to buy these? Hah! My hobbies take that away.

Favorite Music: They Might Be Giants, Weezer, The Killers, Gorillaz

Favorite Sports: Not really a fan of sports in general but I do like the Olymipics go Curling!

Favorite Games: City of Villains (finally unlocked the villain epics!) Fighting Games, Universal Fighting System (CCG, Normally main either Dan Habiki, Cervantes, B.B. Hood, or Tycho)

Favorite Anime: Paranoia Agent, Case Closed, Le Chevelier Deon to name a few.

Favorite Manga: Umm The Red Star... no? How about Kingdom Come? Not manga either? How about League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? To be honest I don't read manga, but what I listed above is really good!

Job: Contract Sales Representative selling high quality steel normally used in kitchens and food preperation.

Likes: RPGs, Anime, Rockband, alternate-universe comics, war-gaming

Dislikes: Fansubs

Fun Facts:
-My screen name is based on my first actual RP character... when I was five.
-I am also known by my screen name on these sites as well: Koeiwarriors, Koeiwarriors: Conquers, Rockband, FantasyFlight Games, Youtube.
-I grew up with D&D with my extended family and my older brother and uncles also watch/collect anime. Like when my uncle took me to see Spirited Away, Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, and Metropolis on the big screen, or showing me Lensman when I was 8.
-Currently have a bet on how the world will end, my dragons vs. his flood, winner gets bragging rights.
-One time becuase I only brought 1 anime series home (Paranoia Agent) it was the only anime series I watched for a month. I think it was 6 times.... (At the time no cable/satellite and no interwebs.)

Last edited by LordRedhand on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pumpernikkeli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hello all in ANN o/ I've been in to anime for about 3 years now. I can't call myself hardcore fan though, as i've seen only about 20-25 series in this time, but it's improtant hobby and spare time activity for me. Now to facts about me:

Name: Lasse

Hobbies/interests: Guns, music, games, fishing and ofcourse anime

Music taste: metal (black, death, thrash mostly but other subgenres too) electronic (techno, trance, house, jumpstyle, hardstyle) rock and pop. in short; very open minded about music

Favourite games: So far #1 favourite is Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 for PS2, i just can't praise this masterpiece enough. Also all games in Final Fantasy series belong to my favourites. With PC i've mostly been playing Mount&Blade lately, but RPG classics as Fallout, Might&Magic and TES series are close to my heart too.

Favourite animes: Code Geass, Death Note, Mushishi, Excel Saga, TTGL and Rosario+Vampire go to the top, some other noteworthy are Full Metal Panic, Utawarerumono and Elfen Lied. As for genres, i mostly watch anythign that involves some thrilling plot sauced with fighting. Every now-and-then i need my dose of ecchi though.

With these said, i hope i can get along with all folks here. ^^
Bling Bling

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
My favorite anime: lupin the 3rd, odin and fist of the north star

My favorite music: Kiss, Korn, Mojo Nixon

Hobbies: anime, joking around

My hero: uwe boll, kevin smith, Ed wood

religion: Christian

Favorite Books: Battlefield Earth, Enders game

Favorite movie: starship troopers, tromeo and juliet, mallrats

Sex: yes please

Favorite sites: That guy with the glasses, cracked, anime bargain bin
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
More fun facts added to my post.
Fox436

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Name: Fox

Sex: Male

Blood Type: O Negative

Ethnicity:English / Italian

Religion: Christian~

Pets: 1 Fox (Vulpes Redwood)

Drink/Smoke: Both (Camel Turkish Silver / Vodka)

Likes: Music, good stories, Video Games, anything military related

Dislikes: ignorance, rude people.

Favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop

Favorite Manga (Light novels): have none (yet)

Favorite Books: 1984

Favorite game: way too hard to say, either Starcraft, Final Fantasy Tactics, or Resident Evil

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Seinfeld, Tim And Eric, King of The Hill

Favorite Drink: Vodka

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mt. Dew / Water

Favorite Foods: Anything i cook myself

Favorite Sites: Gamespot.com / Meebo.com

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football (English)

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer

Favorite Music: Disturbed (Metal / Hard Rock)

Job: Intel Spec. U.S. Navy

Hobbies: Friends, Music, Video Games, Anime, Books, Talking to people, Cars, Soccer.
Thunderbird-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: Dan

Religion: Christianity

Dislikes: The fact that some people are biased against anime

Favorite Anime: Bleach, Reborn!, Naruto, Dragon ball z

Favorite Manga (Light novels): One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Death Note

Favorite game: Final Fantasy 7, Jump Ultimate Stars, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Favorite Foods: I like a lot of different foods although one of the ones that comes to mind now is Chicken Alfredo

Favorite Sites: the backloggery, joystiq, the webcomic list
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
David.Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Name:Seth

Blood Type: ?? lol i forgot!

Ethnicity:1/4 Russian, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish and the rest is miscellaneous (although I do have native American in me).

Religion: Protestant

Pets: One cat and 3 dogs

Drink/Smoke: Just one beer after work. But if I'm out with friends its whiskey and coke for me.

Likes: Animation in general, motorcycles, some PC games, video editing.

Dislikes: right-wing nut jobs... at least the left wing nut jobs aren't filled with so much hate!

Favorite anime: Trigun, Saber Marionette J, Kare Kano, Evangelion, Akira, Lovely Complex and Honey & Clover

Favorite Manga: only read a couple, Akira and High School Debut. Enjoyed them both. And even though its not manga, Craig Thompson's graphic novel Blankets is really, really great.

Favorite Books: The Sword of Truth (series), Cerano de Bergerac, At the Mountains of Maddness, Fight Club, almost all of Nicholas Sparks works, Slaughter House 5, Frankenstein, Blue Like Jazz

Favorite game: Half-Life (series), Portal, Myst, Riven, Myst 3, Full Throttle, Grimfandango, and World of Goo.

Favorite TV shows: Arrested Development, Law and Order SVU, Futurama, Home Movies, Batman the animated series, Venture Brothers

Favorite Movies: Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Secret of Nimh, An American Tail, Abyss, Amelie, Iron Giant, Break Down, Rear Window, It's a Wonderful Life, and Stalag 17 (there are so many I could go on and on).

Favorite Drink: Whiskey and Coke (2nd choice is White Russian)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mt Dew

Favorite Foods: Japanese (sushi), Thai (sweet yellow curry with chicken, potatoes, carrots, green beans and onions), Chinese (I don't know the name of the dish's because my friends mom makes it... its actual authentic Chinese food though. good stuff!), Indian (some of their breads are so F'in good!), and Greek (mostly the lamb dishes and salads). Corned Beef and cabbage rules too!

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Halflife2.net, Listverse.com, AintitCool.com, Evageeks.org, Wimp.com and Live Leak.

Favorite Sport (to watch): none

Favorite Sport (to play): Foot ball!

Favorite Music: Mostly electronica, but also metal and some pop/rock.

Job: hopefully a phlebotomist soon.

Hobbies: Fixing my crappy motorcycle, reading, and sometimes going for a hike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Comentor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote
Name: Josh, but everybody calls me Com . . . or Ed . . . or Negi . . . but just Com is fine, lol.

Sex: Yes please~ lol, j/k Male ^^; sry, I know that joke is so old it isnt even funny anymore ^^;;;;;;

Blood Type: Beats the crap outa me . . . lol I should really find out ^^;

Marital Status: Serious relationship

Ethnicity: I'm a freakin mutt! but a decent ammount of German, Italian, and . . . a bunch of other places, lol.

Religion: Agnostic (borderline Athiest)

Pets: Dogs, 3 atm, one old, one mid-aged, and one crazed 1-year-old pup that thinks she gets to tear up everything in the house . . . except the pikachu plushie I gave her . . . she carries that thing around with her like its her best friend . . . and hasn't once chewed it . . . >.>

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially (rarely) and would never smoke . . . anything.

Likes: My girlfriend, being random, saying the first thing that comes to mind, my brother (wouldnt have made this list a year ago, lol), and the internet, good ol'e internet has been here for me for a long time. ^_^

Dislikes: Idiots, morons, people with strong accents, MMORPGs, boring things, and you, ESPECIALLY YOU! you really made my list! ^_^

Favorite anime: Excel Saga, Negima?! (2nd series), Kemonozume, Futari Ecchi, Magic Knight: Rayearth, Slayers (including Next and Try), Fullmetal alchemist, and many more that I can't think to list atm!

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Excel Saga, Negima, Slayers Light novels (LOVED them so much more than I enjoyed the anime, whichb I watched and loved before reading these) Haruhi Light Novels (only read up through #3 so far, been slacking off)

Favorite Books:Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (The movie has NOTHING on the series of books) <3 Also, Battle Royal made for a great read, never read the manga for it, but I believe its the same storyline.

Favorite game: uh . . . well, I simply love the LoZ series, although my favorite has to be OoT, while I adore the Final Fantasy series, and while I love the characters of IX, something about VII stands out to me above all the rest (even VI) and really appeals to me through the characters, materia system, and the story. I was in pure shock when Aerith died . . . and I loved her so much I bought a psx gameshark just for this game and I put her back into my party ^_^ was rather useful in the Emerald weapon fight too I might add~ I also love the Fire Emblem series, Phantasy Star online/portable/zero . . . also, I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great games that I just can't think of atm, but キモかわE! DS (KimokawaE!) deserves an honorable mention for likely being the WEIRDEST Japanese game I have ever played . . . Loli spanking at its finest ^^;

Favorite TV shows/Movies: House, Burn Notice,

Favorite Drink: Water, although I'll have a sprite every so often.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water, I'm not a fan of alcohol, dont like the taste tbh~ likely the only 22-year-old in the world that doesnt drink for that reason, lol.

Favorite Foods: I simply LOVE most mexican food, although I also enjoy a wide variety of foods, and I'm constantly trying new things.

Favorite Sites: ANN is nice, as are some other sites which likely cannot be named here ^_^ Smogon is always nice when I get into my pokemon moods.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Used to enjoy watching Hokey if I went to the game, but now that the arena (or w/e you call it) is so far away, I haven't been to a game in years. Football is also ok, but I'm not a huge sports fan anyway.

Favorite Sport (to play):Not big on playing sports, but I used to play baseball as a kid, and enjoyed it.

Favorite Music: I'll listen to anything that isnt cRap/hip hop or country, but I generally prefer Rock, Ska, and almost any Japanese music I can get my hands on. I'm also a huge Vocaloid fan, especially when it comesw to Miku and Kaito . . . although Kaito needs more love than he gets ;_; (too many people make him too gay) >.>;;

Job: Working at Target while pushing myself through college, looking for an internship or position in my field though to get my "foot in the door"

Hobbies: Anime, Manga (mainly just Negima and Excel Saga manga), Videogames (especially utilizing my CFW psp. Also, I'm on and off playing pokemon competitively) ^_^, Figures (have a small army of figures, including figures from Excel Saga, Negima, various Final Fantasy games, Fullmetal Alchemist, Haruhi, Shakugan no Shana, Fate/Stay Night, and even a few random figures I got that I dont even know what they're from! lol.

Fun facts about Com:
Owns 2 bigger-than-head-sized plushies. One of Mokona (technically the plushie is for Tsubasa, which I haven't seen, I was a Rayearth fanboy. ^_^ The other is Cinnamoroll . . . which I fell in love with after finding the Mugen character of it, which was hilariously awesome.

I not only have a girlfriend, but as of this post we've been together for 4 years, 3 months, and 25 days (I could guestimate the hours, but minutes and seconds would be a complete lie, lol)

Favorite Quotes: o wow, I have too many to list and I'm having troubles remembering all the good ones but . . .

"He's thinking, Bear panties." -Negi (I hope I got that quote right, lol, I know its at least close ^^;;)

"You haven't seen Eva?! I'm not speaking to you anymore!" -My brother's friend, speaking to both of us after learning neither of us has finished all of Eva ^^; he didn't go through with his threat either, lol

Pictures:None at this time
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:30 am Reply with quote
Gah! So much to read before posting, but came across this and felt it was harmless enough.

Name: Robert, (Rob but never Bob)
Favorite Anime: Azumanga Daioh, Shakugan no Shana

Little about myself: I've been a fan of animation for a long time. Cartoons just have an appeal which realism never captures, especially in the hands of talented artists.

I've recently returned to Anime given it's becoming widely available. For a while, it was difficult to find shows not viewed on CN or the AnimeNetwork (now an on demand service).

For a long time, Cowboy Bebop had been my favorite, but that's been shoved to #3, now that new shows are being found. Shakugan no Shana remains my favorite.

My addiction to anime goes far beyond the story, as I'm more into art style than story. If the story is great, but the animation is horrible, I tend to dismiss it completely. I know this may not seem fair, but visualization is important to me.

I don't fair well with conversations about "sexiest anime girl/guy" as I don't view these characters in this manner. However, I will definitely give my $0.02 worth when it comes to the art of the character, which is often misinterpreted as "sexy".

As an example, take Haruhi Suzumiya from "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". I'm sure many out there think she's "sexy" or "cute", but for me, it goes beyond that. It's absolutely gorgeous artwork, and those eyes... oh my. Best. Ever. Seen.

Currently, I'm working on my new website and learning Japanese. The hard part about the website is learning how to draw using software. Not used to it and it's much more daunting than learning Japanese!
If you are interested in chatting with me regarding Japanese, feel free. Just keep in mind I just started, not even having mastered Kana yet. Hopefully by spring's end I will be proficient with both and some Kanji! Smile

I also want to put my opinion regarding anime studios and distributors. There is quite an uproar discussing fansub sites, torrents, etc., and so I feel I must say something.
I dislike American distributors due to their failure in trying new business models while forcing customers to pay for everything.

I understand it's expensive, but it doesn't have to be. Licensing fees kill everything, and distributors and studios should work together.

The web is an extremely useful tool, whether it's a "pay" or "free" site. I've used several fansub sites to view anime, which leads me to purchase DVDs (if available). I'm do not view these sites as "stealing" from anyone, especially when it takes years for shows to reach our shores.

But make no mistake: If you watch, and you contribute absolutely nothing, I've an issue with that. Contribute something, even buying a $2 pin. If you enjoy it, make sure you understand it takes people to create it, who do so with a salary. If need be, send a few dollars to the studio. Just do something.

Enough of that.

My hobbies aren't much. Swimming, reading, and building web sites (yes, I like it as a hobby. Keeps it fresh). Other than that, I'm pretty lazy.

My blood type is... wait... why does this site want to know? Are there vampires hanging around?

In the next few days, I'll continue updating my lists and other personal stuff, but feel free to drop a line if you want to know more.

Thank you for reading and welcoming me. I expect I'll enjoy my place here.

Have a great day!

PS: The username "Petrified Jello" isn't a reference to any show, person, movie, book, etc. I made it up on the fly one day when opening a gmail account. It sounds cool and it sparks imaginations.
What the heck is petrified jello? Well, that's for you to think about.
Wink
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Comentor wrote:
Favorite Books: Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (The movie has NOTHING on the series of books)

Agreed. The movie really wasn't very good, for reasons I won't go into here. The old TV series is good, however, provided you accept it has the same production values as the old Doctor Who series. I consider it a geek rite of passage to memorise pararagraphs of the HHGG as a teenager.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Hi y'all. In the last two months I've gone insane for anime. I found this place as part of that madness.

Name: Brian

Sex: Studly Male

Blood Type: Red/

Marital Status: Despite being an awesome catch, I'm never married and single. Clearly, becoming an anime nut will lead to mucho chicks, though.

Ethnicity: Our family has never figured out if we were originally from Scotland or Ireland. Whichever it was, I bet my ancestors were exiled.

Religion: Atheist.

Occupation: Film industry (and no, that doesn't mean I stock shelves at Blockbuster).

Pets: None.

Drink/Smoke: Yes (very moderately) / Not on your freakin' life.

Favorite anime: Gunslinger, Blood+, FMP.

Favorite Manga: Gunslinger Girl

Favorite Books: I read very little fiction; most of non-fiction I read is historical in nature. One of my faves was A Bright, Shining Lie.

Favorite game: Not really a gamer, but I enjoyed Halo.

Favorite Movies: So many. Aliens, Ghost World, Full Metal Jacket, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Sound of Music, The House of Yes, Living in Oblivion, The Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended editions), Casablanca, Boogie Nights, Ruthless People, Superbad, A Gentle Breeze in the Village, Esma's Secret, Near Dark, Shaun of the Dead, Requiem for a Dream, Breaking the Waves, Dark Water (English version), Road Warrior, Godfather I & II, Grease, Blade Runner, Serial Mom, Election...this doesn't even start to scratch the surface.

Favorite TV Shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Undeclared, Freaks & Geeks, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Family Guy, American Dad, Frisky Dingo (Killface - greatest villain of all time?), Gilmore Girls, Sopranos, Rome, True Blood, Survivor, 60 Minutes, Six Feet Under, Big Bang Theory.

Favorite Drink: Rye & Ginger

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke

Okay, I'm bored now.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Fox436 wrote:

Pets: 1 Fox (Vulpes Redwood)

You have...a fox? Shocked
Where can I get one?
Guyver23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Name: Neil

Pets: Rabbit

Favourite Anime: Bleach

Big fan of Anime (obv) films (previous film student) video games, many TV shows Lost, Heroes etc

Favourite website: Anime Oxide
arachneia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Name: Uh-ruh-HNAY-uh

Sex: yes

Marital status: in a relationship

Ethnicity: cracka

Religion: none, though I like learning about different ones

Pets: no

Drink/Smoke: sometimes/never

Favorite anime: Monster, FMA, Samurai Champloo

Favorite manga: Monster

Favorite book: anything by Franz Bonaparta Wink

Favorite movie: Amadeus

Favorite drink: these days, Honest Tea

Favorite foods: dumplings, apples, red meat

Favorite sites: wherever there's free pornography

Favorite sport (to watch): watching sports is dull

Favorite sport (to play): soccer, volleyball, tennis

Favorite music: I think Metallica is a pretty cool guy. Eh sells out and doesn't afraid of anything.

Fun facts about me: nothing; I'm not fun

Favorite quote: The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
Zaraki666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Name: Josh
Marital status: single
Religion: i beleive in many things
Drink/Smoke: Neither. even tho i am 21 i only social drink every once in a great while
Favorite music: Im more into rock, metal, black metal, etc... however atm i am curently getting into a J-rock band called blood stain child, and i like alittle r&b but very few
Favorite sports: I dont really like many sports except for 1 and theres only 1 team that i watch and thats OU football lol (runs in my blood)
Favorite games: Geez... LONG LIST.... Final Fantasy (all of them), Zelda, pretty much anything with a good story line thats easy to get into
Favorite anime: Naruto, Bleach, Trinity Blood, Tokyo Majin, Fate/Stay/Night, Tokko, XXXHolic, Tokko, Tower of Druaga, Samurai 7, Spiral, Cowboy Bebop, Black Cat, Witch Hunter Robin
Favorite manga: to tell u the truth i never really read any manga
Likes: I like being out in the middle of nowhere out in the country with no city noises except nature(peacefull and calm), stargazing, anything mythical like legends and myths always perk my interest, i also like reading about supernatural stuff that has really happened to people
Dislikes: loud places, stupidity, ignorant, people that think they are better than everyone else, you can probably guess from what i listed

Fun facts about Josh
Well, im a big nature freak u might say =P, at the moment i am currently an associate of Walmart lol but hopefully it will only be temperary until i can finish college, i want to go into history and eventually become an archeologist down the road because old and ancient things always fascinate me and i love exploring, i really dont know what else to say lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 72 of 233