• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ramez Hachicho

Sex: Male.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 1/2 English 1/2 Lebanese

Religion: Agnostic, I was braught up Islamic but was never really serious about it. It's a damn good way to get out of going to church on Sunday in boarding school tho Wink

Drink/Smoke: I don't drink often but when i do i enjoy it love a quite evening with a good anime and a smoke tho.

Likes: Warhammer 40K, Music, Debating edgy subjects like Philosophy, Politics, Religion.

Dislikes: Shutting Up (i have a tendency to ramble on)

Favorite anime: Gurren Lagann, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Seed

Favorite Manga (Light novels): 3x3 Eyes and Bleach are probably my favorites i also like Claymore i tend to read Manga after watching shows though.

Favorite Books: Love Fantasy novels read all the David Eddings series Belgariad,Mallorean etc i have also read lots of warhammer 40k fiction and found that to be quite entertaining.

Favorite game: Don't really have a favorite anymore however if i had to pick the one with the fondest memories it would be the original Tie Fighter playing that game i saw my first 3am in my life Anime hyper

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Blackadder are probably my favorite shows as for a movie definately In the Mouth of Madness now THAT was horror done right that movie always gives me nightmares.

Favorite Drink: Jim Beam and Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke

Favorite Foods: I love garlicy and tangy/sour tastes and absolutely adore Lebanese food try it some time its delish Smile I also like Japanese/Chinese food and Indian.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Blue Laguna's media archive, Nuklear Power, Newgrounds.

Favorite Sport (to watch): I kinda like Rugby not a big fan of watching sports tho.

Favorite Sport (to play): Rugby , im huge and moving a scrum forward on my own momentum alone and trampling all underfoot is kinda awesome.

Favorite Music: I like Heavy Metal and Anime style music i also listen to a smattering of other stuff as well im by no means a musical bigot however i like music that reaches into my and pulls my emotions about rather than trying to be clever and alot of the new more technical music dousn't do that for me.

Job: Computer Programmer and Network Administrator i work for my Father's company managing their network and doing coding when they need it.

Hobbies: Video Games, Anime, Warhammer 40k (tabletop wargaming)
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
RHachicho wrote:
Favorite Sport (to play): Rugby , im huge and moving a scrum forward on my own momentum alone and trampling all underfoot is kinda awesome.

Back in school, I once cut some skin off a classmate's shin by ill-timed foot movements. I'm not the most athletic of sorts, but if one finds the right men to grapple with, one can hold one's own amidst the scrummage.
That was up north though, so we were taught League by default.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
RHachicho wrote:

Dislikes: Shutting Up (i have a tendency to ramble on)

Same here.

So I was thinking, you and I should make sure to post on the same thread all the time so that the topic gets longer and longer. ^_~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted to play rugby. I don't know what the hell is going on when I watch it, but it reminds me of hardcore backyard football. Fumoffu made it pretty appealing as well.

Quote:
I tend to read Manga after watching shows though.

I'm the exact same way. I prefer anime, but if the show leaves me a with a WTF attitude, I'll grab the manga for some closure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:54 am Reply with quote
RHachicho wrote:

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Blackadder are probably my favorite shows as for a movie definately In the Mouth of Madness now THAT was horror done right that movie always gives me nightmares.

Thank you for reminding me of Red Dwarf. I had forgotten all about that show. I used to watch it all the time though. It's stupidly funny. Razz

Welcome to the forums RHachicho.

I have picture updates of me. The first one is what I looked like yesterday. I look like a child molester. I wouldn't be caught dead looking like that in the actual world. Razz

The second one was taken today after a shave and a haircut. I've already been made fun of on numerous occasions today for looking so young. (I just looked at it again. If you look at my computer screen you can see how diligent I am at work. Wink)

Keep your kids away.
Ready for the real world.
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the warm welcome folks Smile and see you in the topics.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I encourage people to post pix of themselves! Come on, all the cool kids are doing it. Anyway, I'm posting a few of myself here because I want to see if anybody recognizes me as an anime character. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the "Anime counterparts" thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123606

Here are my pics: the first one is from 2005 and yes that is a real Oscar I'm smooching. Not mine, alas. I know animation director extraordinaire Chris Landreth quite well and his animated short, RYAN, won in that category in 2005.

http://img98.imageshack.us/i/oscarnme.jpg/

Second pic is from summer of 2007, I believe (that ain't my Bug, by the way):

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/me02r.jpg/
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
So that's what the great Blood- looks like! I thought you'd be more like the rock guy from Fantastic Four (in his rock form). Heh. Anime smile + sweatdrop
When I finally manage to get rid of this bored to death face I'll definitely make sure to let you guys know what I look like. Razz
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I encourage people to post pix of themselves!

Encourage all you want, but there's no way I'm going to be the cause of ANN's subscribers demanding their money back from the fright I just gave them.

Quote:
Come on, all the cool kids are doing it.

The same ones jumping off a cliff, I take it? My mom warned me about people like you.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm posting a few of myself here because I want to see if anybody recognizes me as an anime character.

Daffy Duck isn't anime, but it's the best I can offer.

Quote:
Here are my pics:

Photoshop, here I come.

It's Halloween and out come all the tricks!

I remember posting my image at another forum years ago, and it didn't go over too well. Every reply was "That's not you! It resembles nothing of a [bleep]hole."
Anime cry

Twisted Evil
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Aw, come on, PJ - don't be such a wuss! I mean, it's big of you not to want to post a picture to prevent the ANN ladies (and maybe some of the dudes?) from falling into a helpless swoon, but sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Following Master Blood-'s footsteps Wink , here's my picture. (warning it's heavy, since it was taken from my 8.1mp phone)
Yeah... I was at work having a break and enjoying a cigarette, then I decided to take a picture. I wasn't able to get rid of my bored to death face, though. And don't mind me looks, I was almost falling asleep over there.
Ladies, don't run away!
shaheer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
i dont have much to talk about ,well i guess i ll go with the starters,
Name:shaheer
Sex: Male

Blood Type: O

Ethnicity: south east asian

Religion: Islam

Pets: cat

Drink/Smoke: haven't ever(either one)

Dislikes: study

Favorite anime: Monster, Fullmetal Alchemist, Grave of the fireflies,Mushishi,samurai x -trust and betrayal

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Yokohama kaidashi kikou,Town of evening calm,Country of cherry blossom, Berserk,etc

Favorite Books:Dune,Lord of the Rings,La Miserable,A brief history of time etc

Favorite game: God of war,Halo,Uncharted,Mass effect,Batman-Arkham asylum,Prince of persia,Shin megami tensei. etc

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Lord of the rings,Bicycle thief,the kingdom of heavens,To kill a Mocking bird,Godfather,Shawshank Redemption,The Dark knight, Myth busters, history's mysteries etc

Favorite Drink: ---

Non-Alcoholic Drink: water

Favorite Foods: Beef shishk kebab and a lot more cant specify

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, cyber12,

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football

Favorite Sport (to play):Table tennis

Favorite Music: cant specify

Job: student,

Hobbies:Photography,star gazing,and many other boring ones
well i guess thats all
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:41 am Reply with quote
Stargazing doesn't sound boring at all!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Human_Instrumentality

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Name: Darren

Sex: Male

Ethnicity: Scottish/English

Religion: Don't follow any, but my beliefs lie closest to Buddhism

Drink/Smoke: Drink socially, quit smoking 8 years ago

Likes: Anime, Videogames, Sleeping, Random Adventures, Fall/Winter, Psychology, Desserts (Especially Apple Crisp/Crumble & Cheesecake), Peanut Butter, Thunderstorms

Dislikes: Summer, Celery, Mushrooms, My Job

Favorite anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Last Exile, Key The Metal Idol, Fushigi Yuugi, Ghost In The Shell

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Battle Royale, Berserk

Favorite Books: Dragonlance: Chronicles, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid, Catcher In The Rye, Battle Royale, Hell House

Favorite game: Lunar - The Silver Star Story, Xenogears, Half-Life 1 & 2 - Silent Hill & Fatal Frame series.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Home Movies, Lost, Band Of Brothers, Futurama, Fawlty Towers, Law & Order. After-Life, Back To The Future, Star Wars (Original Trilogy), The Usual Suspects, Battle Royale, Braveheart

Favorite Drink: Long Island Iced Tea (so manly, i know Razz)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Dr Pepper, Pepsi Max, Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate

Favorite Foods: Most Chinese/Japanese dishes (I really need to eat more Thai & Korean food), Veal, Garlic Bread w/Cheese, Grilled Cheese, Bourbon Chicken, Homemade Chili

Favorite Sites: Anime News Network, The Escapist, Gametrailers, MyAnimeList, Kawaii-Radio, 4chan

Favorite Sport (to watch): Not a big sports fan, but Football seems to be the one sport I can tolerate watching a full game

Favorite Sport (to play): Lacrosse, played it for 8 years

Favorite Music: I listen to everything but country. Genre of choice is really dependent on my mood that day/moment. Often I just have my playlist on random so it jumps from J-Rock/Pop to Classical to Trance to Oldies Very Happy

Job: At the moment I work in Distribution as a Designated Trainer and Backup Supervisor, been working there for 7 years. Come the new year I am going to return to school to get a BA and then follow my dream of teaching English overseas... letting me see the places I want to see before it's time to settle down.

Hobbies: Anime, Videogames, Linux, Webpage Design. I want to get into making AMV's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Sex: Female

Favorite anime: Baccano!

Favorite Manga: azumanga daioh

Favorite light novel series: Baccano!

Favorite novel series: Gossip Girl

Favorite game: Harvest Moon series

Favorite TV show: House

Favorite Music(english and japanese): I like songs that are fast, sometimes slow but not that much and I listen to almost all types of music other then country.

I am in my last year of highschool without a job yet
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 84 of 233