• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Favorite game:...Pokemon.

My Garchomp could pwn your team. Remember that.

Quote:
Fun facts: I once high-fived Stephen Colbert, it was awesome.

That is pretty awesome. Did you go to a show once or did you just throw your hand up while he was passing you on the street?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Quote:

That is pretty awesome. Did you go to a show once or did you just throw your hand up while he was passing you on the street?

He totally high-fived his TV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sovay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Quote:

I went to a taping of the show and he was doing his typical high five run with the audience. But since he was sick he went back and gave everyone hand sanitizer afterwards Laughing
DaiTan64

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys! I've actually been a part of ANN for a year or so now but never came onto the forums. However, the more anime's I watch the more I want to discuss them with people so I figured I'd say g'day and give the forums a go. So, here 'tis

Name: Daitan

Sex: Female

Blood Type: I keep forgetting to ask whenever I have a blood test dammit!

Ethnicity: Aussie!! - English, Scottish, probably some Irish.

Drink/Smoke: Love a beer with my mates. Don't smoke tho

Likes: Being outdoors, camping, kayaking, climbing rocks and stuff, reading, listening to music, anime!!

Dislikes: really girly anime

Favorite anime: Seireitei no Moribito, Hellsing, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Paranoia Agent, actually there's heaps, check out my page if u wanna see.

Favorite Manga: Monster, by far.

Favorite Books: Hmm, far far too many to name. My favourite genre is fantasy (NOT sci-fi).

Favorite game: Phantasmagoria

Favorite TV shows: Arrested Development, Better off Ted, The Office UK, The IT crowd, Coupling, 30 Rock, Futurama, a few others I can't think of right now.

Favorite Movies: 300, Gladiator, LOTR trilogy and anything that makes me think.

Favorite Drink: Beer (Coopers Pale Ale and Bees Knees).

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Milo and Apple & Strawberry Cordial.

Favorite Foods: Chocolate, Sushi

Favorite Sport (to watch): Cricket

Favorite Sport (to play): Hmm, I'm not great at sports but I enjoy the odd hit of tennis, swimming and I dabbled in fencing for a while

Favorite Music: System of a Down, Muse...there are other bands?? Prodigy, Unkle, Florence & the Machine, Radiohead, Apocalyptica, Faithless, Massive Attack, Lamb, Kosheen, Pendulum, Linkin Park (before the Minutes to Midnight album), Shpongle

Job: Team Leader for a conservation organisation

Cheers!
maja__

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Name: Maja
Sex: female
Marital Status: Single
Favorite anime: Nana, Paradise Kiss, FMP, The Get Backers, The Wallflower Perfect Girl Evolution, Tenjou Tenge, Boys Over Flowers

STG about me:
I gow up watching anime on ita tv, that is why my italian is probably beter than my english. Reasently I restarted exploring the fab world of anime and the amazing imagination the creators have.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Why does it feel like no one has a favorite show older than 2000? Don't you young wipper snappers know where the real good anime is? Answer: It's the 80s and 90s. You young people and your glossy hair, twinkling eyes, pink skin and abusive tsunderes. You wouldn't know good if it injected itself into your blood stream.

Sovay wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Quote:

I went to a taping of the show and he was doing his typical high five run with the audience. But since he was sick he went back and gave everyone hand sanitizer afterwards Laughing

Wait, if I watch that episode, would I be able to see you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why does it feel like no one has a favorite show older than 2000? Don't you young wipper snappers know where the real good anime is? Answer: It's the 80s and 90s. You young people and your glossy hair, twinkling eyes, pink skin and abusive tsunderes. You wouldn't know good if it injected itself into your blood stream.

Agreed. Some find it hard to get into older shows. I think the animation is a turn off? Some just aren't even interested Sad Well at least that's what I've learned from checking out anime clubs. Watched an episode of Berserk and Devil May Cry. Club members voted down a second episode of Berserk and wanted to watch more DMC. When asked why they said "Well it's obvious. The animation is better" Rolling Eyes
CDAdair

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quote
Name: Christopher David Adair
Sex: Male
Blood Type: Red
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe
Marital Status: Involved
Ethnicity: 99% Human, 1% Unknown
Religion: ?
Pets: 2 Cats
Drink/Smoke: Drink with friends, don't smoke
Likes: Warhammer 40000, Anime, Sci-fi, reading, writing, gaming, comedy, cheese, Doctor Who, and My Kim
Dislikes: Veg, Reality TV
Favourite Anime: Vandread, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic, Last Exile, Code Geass, Strait Jacket, Familiar of Zero, Appleseed, Robotech, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Howl's Moving Castle, The Animatrix
Favourite Manga: Don't really read any, but have read some
Favourite Books: Immortal Coil: star trek book, Visions of Heresy: 40k book, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Dune, Dragons of Pern
Favourite Game: Eve online, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dawn of War, Homeworld, Starcraft (bad at it but still like it), Supreme Commander 1 expansion and 2, Halo
Favourite TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Star Trek, Big Bang Theory, South Park, stuff with Zombies, stuff that's funny, Sci-fi stuff
Favourite Drink: Magners
Non-Alcoholic Favourite Drink: Tea and Coke
Favourite Food: Scampi and chips with BBQ dip, BBQ ribs, Bacon double cheese burger
Favourite Sites: Games Workshop, Fanfiction, Facebook
Favourite Sport (to watch): just watch! bleh, that's boring
Favourite Sport (to Play): football, rugby, tennis, and any other my friends want to try
Favourite Music: I have no idea what its called. Someone made an EPIC fan trailer with it though
Job: British Merchant Navy Officer
Hobbies: Playing Warhammer 40000, writing
Favourite Quotes: Sousuke: "The men's bath and women's bath switch sides after 10pm." Ha! that was sooo funny.

Jolly
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote
CDAdair wrote:
Favourite Food: Scampi

It has been a while since I last had some scampi. Or at least, it has been a while since I've had any scampi that isn't just reconstituted pollock in disguise. Is it more popular on the coast than inland?

I must admit, I was not aware that said dish was commonly partnered with the ubiquitous "BBQ dip". I assumed the use of such a condiment primarily involved poultry items over here. Your testimony suggests it now accompanies seafood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Kevin R wrote:
Pumkin cheese cake pie!

Were these brown paper bags made of old flaming paper bags?

Nope, not flaming ones. Just those tossed in the trash. I hired a crew of trash can gnomes to retrieve them heh. And I see we have yet more people so a big ANN welcome to DaiTan64, CDAdair, Sovay, maja__, Soryon, and fourPointZero. Extra big welcome to DaiTan for loving quality beer such as Cooper's Pale Ale which blows FOsters out of the water IMO. Plus being a nice young lady who enjoys beer is also epic. That really is rare by me. Nice frosty Coopers and some grilled chicken sounds good too right now....but I digress. Hopefully you're all enjoying your time here and as part of your welcome allow me to give you all your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them each a brown paper bag* (fresh picked today!) Inside your bags lie such goodies as the top piece of some random old person's dentures, and empty bottle of hair spray, a handful of feathers from a Pintail Duck, and a can of cream corn circa 1965. Enjoy your awesome gifts and don't forget these words of wisdom; I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
xmen510

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
Name: Steven Michael Carroll

Blood Type: O+ I believe

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Irish, Scottish, English, Ukrainian

Religion: Agnostic, I think...

Pets: Black and White Cat

Drink/Smoke: I do not Drink or Smoke

Dislikes: Bugs

Favorite Anime: Full Metal Panic, Samurai X, 801 T.T.S.Airbats

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Admittedly, I do not read Manga.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings, Shannara Series, Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time, Dragonlance Chronicles

Favorite Game:
Splinter Cell Series

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Lord of the Rings, Legend of the Seeker, Smallville, Ghost in the Shell, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Favorite Drink: I do not Drink

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke, Chocolate Milk

Favorite Foods: Cheeseburgers, Pizza and Alpha Ghetti

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, theGD.com, The Shadow and Flame, worldbuildersguild

Favorite Sport (to watch): I do not watch sports.

Favorite Sport (to play): I used to Play baseball but no longer do so.

Favorite Music: A bit of everything.

Job: I do everything from Cash to Donor Greeter.

Hobbies: Anime, Statue and Figure Collecting

Favorite Quotes: You learn something new every day!
BrightxRingxFirefly

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
It just occurred to me that I haven't done one of these, so here goes.

Name: Kayla

Sex: Female

Marital Status: Engaged, not getting married for some time.

Location: Kentucky, US. However, I was born in Indiana and have also lived in central Texas and Chicago.

Ethnicity: Irish (see-through), German, 1/64 Cherokee

Religion: Buddhist

Pets: None for me right now, but my little sister has 3 cats, one of which is older than her (she's 10, the cat's about 13; it was inherited from our aunt).

Favorite Anime: Utena, Galaxy Express 999, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Captain Harlock (see KoH, there are some old ones!)

Favorite Manga: Tends to overlap with those ^, but there are others like Tezuka's stuff.

Favorite Video Games (series, basically): Silent Hill, Tomb Raider (first game I ever really loved), Final Fantasy, Persona, Pokemon, Metal Gear, Jet Grind Radio (still bust out the Dreamcast for that one).

Favorite Books: A Tale of Two Cities, Lewis Carroll's Alice books, Poe, other oldies.

Smoke/Drink: No.

Favorite Foods: Salad made just the way I like it (translation=an unhealthy salad), pepperoni pizza, different kinds of rice.

Favorite Drinks: Blue Bubblegum Jones Soda and Coke, though I drink a lot of water.

Job: None at the moment; full-time student only. Studying Anthropology.

Miscellaneous Tidbits:
*I wear glasses because I am terribly near-sighted (can't drive a car, for instance).
*I've dyed my hair red, blonde, pink, blue-black, black, and orange with turquoise streaks before.
*I have studied or am currently studying Spanish, French, Mandarin (gave up very quickly), and German, and hope to study Japanese in the future.
*I live with my dad and younger siblings most of the time right now and for the near future, since my mom passed away last year and my dad really needs help raising the kids.
*I am bisexual.
*According to my grandpa, some relative of mine from a few generations ago was a baseball player and a politician here in Kentucky.
nate1222

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
name: Nate

sex: Male
religeon: Laveyan (Satanist/Left Hand Path)
sign: Capricorn / Rabbit
preference: bisexual.
likes: Anime (duh), warm people, kids, non-human animals, Old School video games (16 bit era), intellectual inclination, strong sense of aesthetic.
dislikes: no-it-alls, wannabe thugs, lack of intellectual inclination, lack of aesthetic, fascism, herd conformity, status obsession, market-minded pop culture.
drink/smoke: drink yes/smoke no.
fav foods: sushi, mocha, hot tea (with sugar), avacados with hot sauce...tastey.
fav nonalcoholic beverage: coffee, with nondairy creamer and sugar.
fav alcoholic beverage: Jack Daniels, straight.
hobbies: watching Anime, writing poetry, reading, playing ye ol' SNES.
cashballer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:53 pm Reply with quote
recently began looking at the forums after coming to this site for a while. word.

Name: $
Sex: Male, all day
Blood Type: Can't remember
Marital Status: nah
Ethnicity: Extremely white
Religion: Catholic
Pets: German Sherpherd/Elkhound mutt
Drink/Smoke: hardly
Likes: World of Warcraft, Heroes of Newerth, piano, guitar, SNES, N64, anime
Dislikes: School, morons
Favourite Anime: haven't found any that I like nearly as much as Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and Elfen Lied.
Favourite Manga: Berserk
Favourite Books: Lord of the Rings, Redwall, and Starfist series, among various others.
Favourite Game: Final Fantasy 6, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, Tetris Attack, Tales of Symphonia, Warcraft 3
Favourite TV shows/Movies: too many favorite movies to bother listing. The Dark Knight probably takes first place.
Favourite Drink: Skim Milk
Non-Alcoholic Favourite Drink: same
Favourite Food: Chicken of any almost any kind
Favourite Sites: Youtube, animeseason/animefreak
Favourite Sport (to watch): Human tetris
Favourite Sport (to Play): Skiing, snowboarding, basketball, baseball, soccer, badminton
Favourite Music: metal, punk, techno, rap, rock, many various songs from different bands. Current favorite song is Zion I - Coastin
Job: Student
Hobbies: anime, music, video games
Favourite Quotes: "Come at the king, you best not miss." and "same"
BillyMorshu

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote
Oops, it seems I missed this thread...guess I might as well post in here anyways.

Name: just call me Billy

Ethnicity: Korean

Religion: Agnostic

Likes: Anime/manga, music (mostly rock and its subgenres), electronics, drawing, video editing, paintball, and guns.

Dislikes: Skate punks, anything from Apple (iPods, Macs, etc.), and my current college.

Favorite Anime: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Keroro Gunso, Soul Eater, D.Gray-man. And I'm not exactly a big fan of the anime, but I'm a big fan of the Fate/Stay Night series.

Favorite Manga: Future Diary, Sgt. Frog, and Ikigami.

Favorite Games: Rock Band 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Tales of Vesperia.

Favorite Drink: Coke

Favorite Food: too many to list...

Favorite Sport: Paintball

Favorite Music: Heavy metal, but it doesn't mean I don't listen to other genres as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 102 of 233