• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ouran High School Host Club Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Aww, I'll be sad to see Host Club ending, but I guess with the way the story is turning now, it's not a surprise. Just hope it'll be a happy end!

I wonder how many chapters/volumes this last arc will be...
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I knew Ouran was heading to a end for a while but.

Anime cry Only three chapters left I'm kind of depressed now I love the series.

But that CD thing is interesting, getting the anime voice cast back together sounds cool. Wonder if that will lead to anything else? (I can dream about a season 2 can't I? )
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
not surprised at all...Hatori-sensei just needs to tie up a few plot threads...I predict no more than a year is left, if that...
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I could tell it was coming, but this doesn't make it any easier to hear. Sad

I hope the ending is an awesome one. And it's three chapters left? That's anywhere from 3 to 6 months given how it's gone lately heh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
If there isn't any breaks, then the manga will be done by the end of the year.

Guess 2010 is going to be the year of somewhat popular monthly manga series ending. Seeing as FMA already ended and now with Ouran ending, what else is going to end? Anime cry
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I know. Confused

I doubt it, but I hope for a final chapter that's as huge as FMA's was. 100+ pages to end a series actually is very nice I think.

Now I'll be out of another shojo though...that just leaves me Magic Touch and Otomen to follow off and on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, the latest chapter seemed like the climax to the series... The next three chapters will probably deal with the relationship and some last-minute "Oh no! *insert person here* is moving to *insert country here* so *insert main couple here* will never see each other again!" plotline that most Shojo series go for.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I know the manga ending will be 10 times better than the anime one, but I'm glad the manga's ending. Some of the best manga's end with a good recap of the story rather than drag on with ridiculous sub plots or adding 100+ more characters to the mix. (like certain anime)

Hope Hatori will do more manga in the future! I have a great respect for her work^^
lkmjr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Aww!! It's sad to see Ouran ending, but I think it's time. It's probably better that they decided to just go ahead and finish it instead of dragging it on far beyond where it should have ended. Let's hope for a good ending!!
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I know. Confused

I doubt it, but I hope for a final chapter that's as huge as FMA's was. 100+ pages to end a series actually is very nice I think.

Now I'll be out of another shojo though...that just leaves me Magic Touch and Otomen to follow off and on.

I think at least the next chapter will be 52 pages.

I'm a big Ouran fan too, so I'm a little sad to see it go but also happy that it'll go out at a strong note and not jump the shark or anything. I really think that for all its popularity, Ouran is somewhat underappreciated-- a lot of fuss is made over the humor and the wacky stuff, but frankly I think it has some of the best character development I've seen in shoujo or shounen manga, particularly of high school students. I really got the sense that these were kids trying to figure out who they were and who they wanted to be, and that they came to their conclusions naturally, and not always from some wacky life-lesson scenario thrown at them.

Which isn't to say that those manga can't be a lot of fun (I have a soft spot for Marmalade Boy and the like), they just aren't quite as good. Smile
keikanna44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see the manga is ending but I hope now they have enough story and decide to make a season 2 anime of Ouran. It really is a great story, one of my favorites. I'd love to see more anime episodes of it! Very Happy (one can only hope)
JLightstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad the manga will be ending but I look on it with hope that once Ouran ends, Hatori might be able to resume " Millennium Snow" unless her editors ask her to create something new.
alexcampos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I've never read the manga, BUT; I did see the anime, and I thought it was pretty good with plenty of comedy.

As a male, shoujo manga/anime does not appeal to me, but Ouran was different, even though it had elements which I don't like, (yaoi, reverse harem, boyish looking female), I can't deny the fact that it was very entertaining and one of the VERY FEW shoujo that I can talk about in a positive way.

Maybe with the manga ending, Bones can make a season 2 to give us the finale?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:21 am Reply with quote
Now that Ouran is ending...I wonder if Hatori is going to work on Millennium Snow later on?
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
If there isn't any breaks, then the manga will be done by the end of the year.

Guess 2010 is going to be the year of somewhat popular monthly manga series ending. Seeing as FMA already ended and now with Ouran ending, what else is going to end? Anime cry

Well, Major is ending and that's been going for a while.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2