• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Variety: Live-Action Mardock Scramble Film Rights Licensed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
When is Mardock Scramble movie 2 coming out Sentai?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Wow the Shoot 'Em Up dude is directing this ?Who comes up with these great ideas to get an intelligent source material and hand it over to a guy who creates incredibly stupid movies.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Because these always get made, and when they do, they always turn out so well. Rolling Eyes
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well hey, I loved Shoot em' Up. It was a very clever, dumb action movie, so yeah....

Last edited by Shenl742 on Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Michael Davis is a hack..Shoot Em' Up was horrid this movie would be much more suited for someone like James Cameron or possibly Zack Snyder who could bring the visuals to life that being his greatest strength as a director but hell anyone would be better then this Michael Davis guy!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

The BD hasn't even been released in Japan you know.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
What? Yet another adaptation that will never be made? Just put it in the cellar with the rest. Rolling Eyes
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for Death Note, Bleach, Battle Angel, and Mardock Scramble! Not to mention Final Fantasy Versus XIII. 2026 is going to be such an excellent year.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey, how about that other sex girls with guns Kite live-action adaptation! Laughing
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
whilst i'd absolutely love to see a Mardock Scramble live action (both the books and anime are amazing) i'd also like to see a Ghost in the Shell LA and maybe even a Bleach LA, but those haven't happened yet so i'm not expecting anything from this either

also, if they did do it it'd probably be dumbed down, the anime movie edited is a 15, 18 if its the DC and i doubt a LA would be rated more than a 12, they seem to be under the impression that everything must be marketed to the widest possible audience, when i'm almost positive that for something like MS dumbing it down wouldn't attract a bigger audience, if anything it'd alienate and/or ruin it
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:

also, if they did do it it'd probably be dumbed down, the anime movie edited is a 15, 18 if its the DC and i doubt a LA would be rated more than a 12, they seem to be under the impression that everything must be marketed to the widest possible audience, when i'm almost positive that for something like MS dumbing it down wouldn't attract a bigger audience, if anything it'd alienate and/or ruin it

The anime made it that. The original novel wasn't as explicit.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol: Yeah, I was going to bring up the same subject. Considering the incorporation of icky exploitation of children as a central narrative, I'm not really sure why they think this would be marketable as a LA film. Kite would work better as a LA film, and it has enough trouble getting off the ground. Now you want to sponsor a remake which would need a bigger budget? Oh, well, it's your money.

Quote:
The original novel wasn't as explicit.

Someone hasn't actually read the novel.

Vast: Shoot 'Em Up was fun. Stop being a killjoy.
OniTasku

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

The original novels were incredibly violent and graphic, far more than the manga and movie(s) have covered. In fact, the animated movies toned down/cut a number of parts out.

I have Haikasoru's edition sitting next to me if you wish to hear excerpts -- though, I'm sure anyone else here that has actually read the novels could tell you the same.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

The BD hasn't even been released in Japan you know.

Plus, Sentai said they were still waiting on materials about a month ago.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
enurtsol: Yeah, I was going to bring up the same subject. Considering the incorporation of icky exploitation of children as a central narrative, I'm not really sure why they think this would be marketable as a LA film. Kite would work better as a LA film, and it has enough trouble getting off the ground. Now you want to sponsor a remake which would need a bigger budget? Oh, well, it's your money.

They'd do what the Japanese industries do - they age the characters. Laughing

OniTasku wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

The original novels were incredibly violent and graphic, far more than the manga and movie(s) have covered. In fact, the animated movies toned down/cut a number of parts out.

Ah, didn't weigh the violence part; Hollywood ratings tend to be given more leeway there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1