• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Forbidden Pleasures: Takii 7 ~Simply Sins"Asian"al~ Announces It's "7 Deadly SINs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gynocrat_rex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Ok...

Quote:
People who are into the yaoi/yuri subculture Japanese fandom have for too long been misunderstood. It's not all about the boobage & male frontal nudity -- it's about the powerful plots, dramatic storylines, & inspiring themes that run through so many gay-oriented series in a wide variety of forms.

What? Laughing

I love my genre as much as anyone, but the powerful plots are an extreme minority in a sea of mindless boobage and full-frontal romantic penor.

Perhaps glbl might be a bit more plot intensive, but I'm not going to push it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
D-chan ^_*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:33 am Reply with quote
LOL!

We at TAKII will certainly do our best to show off all exciting sides, meaningful or not, of yaoi/yuri, among other things, this season. In addition to some of our other yaoi/yuri-themed festivities, we will have PCs ready to play some of the following yaoi/yuri-genere games:

1 - ENZAI: FALSELY ACCUSED
2 - ANIMAMUNDI: DARK ALCHEMIST
3 - ABSOLUTE OBEDIENCE
4 - LIGHTNING WARRIOR RAIDY

More info for our "Yaoi/Yuri Gaming Buffet" can be found here: http://forum.pdnmz.com/viewtopic.php?p=147#p147
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
(Forbidden Pleasures: Takii 7 ~Simply Sins"Asian"al~ Announces It's "7 Deadly SINs"Asian"s", Final Pre-Reg Deadline, & Tons More)

I had to read that title 4 times to understand that. I thought it said something about Takii 7's Simply Sins Asian Al (which conjured up an image of Alphonse Elric as a Asian homunculus) announcing something about 7 Deadly Social Insurance Numbers for Asians.

Then I realized Simply Sins"Asian"al was a pun on "sensational". I still don't get the second half.

Tell me I'm not alone.
D-chan ^_*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Good question!

The 7 SINs"ASIAN"s is a play off of the 7 Deadly Sins, but what we're doing is focusing on some of the most entertaining aspects of Asian culture fandom, from the perspective of TAKII fans. That & it happens to be our 7th season, so there's quite a bit of irony in it all Anime smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1