• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nana Mizuki to Sing in New Year's Kōhaku Uta Gassen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
Oh wow! that really is amazing. I absolutely love Mizuki's music! She definitely needs to come state-side instantly with her popularity already rising. If she does make her way to the US I would buy tickets in a heartbeat.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Congratulations, Nana Mizuki on sharing the same stage as SMAP, Saburō Kitajima, Akiko Wada, Kenichi Mikawa, and other veteran mainstays of the show. This show is as mainstream as one can get in Japan.

I remember one year seeing American crooner Andy Williams ("Moon River"; "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year") on Kōhaku Uta Gassen. Google it.
eternalblaze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
yay for nana sama!i love all her songs!she had such a powerful vocal! the small verse she sang for the theme song is awesome!
http://www9.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/movie/index.html?3
Saga_Darklight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Good for her, I told myself a few years ago that she will become one of the greatest between J-Pop singers. Hopefully, I'll be able to see her live...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1