• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny Theme to be Sung by 15-Year-Old

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kopiikat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Pst... that makes no sense. Both of them can't sing the third song. There's... a logical problem here. ^^; Please edit.

EDIT: Oops... nevermind. I didn't realize that this was a NEW Gundam Seed. Sorry.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Great, great. The winner of Japan Idol gets to use Gundam SEED Destiny as her stepping stone to fame, all the while Maaya bloody Sakamoto is already on the show's staff and has yet to have any song credits to her name. Only one opening (which'll probably also go to Japan Idol if the first SEED is any indication) and perhaps two endings at the most remaining; Sunrise is reaching the point where they're simply squandering one helluva talent (nevermind the fact that her character—meant to be one of the central protagonists—has barely been used as of yet).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I doubt Maaya will do any themes, since only the new, fresher artists tend to get that privilege. But it would be awesome if she could do an insert song composed by Yuki Kaijura. Those two would make a lethal combination.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote
(Never thought I'd say this) What happened to Megumi Hayashibara?

(Never thought I'd say this, either) What happened to TM Revloution?

(Let alone me say this) What happened to L'arc~en~Ciel?

What happened to the groups/artists that even the most clueless anime music gaijin have heard of?!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

She had a baby. I'm guessing she'll take a much deserved break too. I mean, she's been doing voice acting and singing since like, the late 80s, right? In any case, I'm glad she can be a parent and I wish her the best.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I doubt Maaya will do any themes, since only the new, fresher artists tend to get that privilege. But it would be awesome if she could do an insert song composed by Yuki Kaijura. Those two would make a lethal combination.

She's still fresh in my book. And she sings some pretty kickass themes. It's about time she did another.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

She had a baby. I'm guessing she'll take a much deserved break too. I mean, she's been doing voice acting and singing since like, the late 80s, right? In any case, I'm glad she can be a parent and I wish her the best.

That was kind of a rhetorical question, but thanks for answering, anyway.

(Man, first Terry Hawkes, now Megumi Hayashibara. What's this world coming to? Wink )

Kazuki-san wrote:
Pepperidge wrote:

She's still fresh in my book. And she sings some pretty kickass themes. It's about time she did another.

Maybe it has nothing to do with newness. Maybe it has to do with "star power." Perhaps Maaya feels she's "too much a star" to sing or wants to "advance" or "move on" in her career. Rolling Eyes Yes, this is the American in me talking. This is the type of celebrity we're pretty much used to.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

She had a baby back in June, and she's still not doing anything big right now. Her label, King Records, is releasing a bunch of CD collections with Hayashibara songs this month. That Kare Kano set looks nice.

Quote:

He's actually been doing pretty well since his visits to the US. He sang the Japanese Spider-Man 2 theme in July, another Gundam Seed theme in October (which debuted at #1), and had a few year-end concerts in Tokyo and Osaka. T.M.R's newest album, "vertical infinity," came out last week and is currently ranked at #3 on Oricon.

On a related note, Nami Tamaki's new single, "Fortune," also debuted last week. It's at #6.

Quote:
(Let alone me say this) What happened to L'arc~en~Ciel?

Their "Killing Me" single debuted two weeks ago at #1 and is #5 right now.

On the US side, Tofu is releasing the "LIVE IN USA" DVD in a couple of months. It will include bonus footage from their SMILE tour in Japan that is only available on the Tofu DVD. You heard it here first.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
He sang the Japanese Spider-Man 2 theme in July

The Japanese version sounds good, but I could barely understand anything he sang in the English version Anime dazed. Is he all that fluent in singing English? Ah well, no matter. I like his Japanese stuff a lot, regardless Anime smile.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

Gackt Jr.'s been smearing his ego all over Gundam SEED since it started. Of course, it wasn't so bad at first, but now with Gundam SEED Destiny, it's threatening to compromise the story itself that he wants to play elite Gouf pilot and put himself further into the spotlight than he did previously with his last character, Miguel Aiman. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

Heck, whatever happened to TM Network? Sorry, just wanted to show off how pathetically old I am. Razz

------RM
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

Heck, whatever happened to TM Network? Sorry, just wanted to show off how pathetically old I am. Razz

------RM

I'd say TM Network (still holding the best UC theme song) gone the way of the 80s.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kyo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Who cares about a 15-year old who can sing. :( Let some good act do it.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, Takanori (TMR) is gonna voice act in GSD anyway. So we'll see him again. =P

What I want to know is what happened to Two-Mix. Surprised
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
What I want to know is what happened to Two-Mix. Surprised

Two-Mix was one big missed opportunity. We've probably heard the last of them, unless Enoki finds a buyer for this thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2