• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AnoHana Anime Sake Launches in Japan This Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudduck454

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
there is no way they could do this in america, I mean come on, this type of label targets kids, well at least in america it would,
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
WANT. Even though I'm underaged lol.
I'd just keep it as a collector's item though Cool
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
I would love to try some Ghost Hound sake. Oh well.

The AnoHana sake has a cute bottle. I like how they fit in the locale.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
there is no way they could do this in america, I mean come on, this type of label targets kids, well at least in america it would,

interestingly in many other countries it would be quite alright even in real life (consumption or purchase)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_age
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
You know how people collect wines? Since I love Sake, this could turn into my new hobby. Laughing
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
Well I think they when to far with this using anime to sell booze it just going to end up just like Joe Camel with smokes
SYLiENT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
This is what I get for not reading the title properly... as soon as I saw the picture I hoped it was anything but water (give the nature of the show).

It's cute...? If it had to be AnoHana related I would've preferred a different label. Something a bit more subtle like the flower in the title and silhouettes of the characters? Then again I'm a design nerd and not a hardcore otaku that would buy anything and everything. Wink

mudduck454 wrote:

Yup! Pixar tried it for Ratatouille, but they ended up having to drink the cases upon cases of wine they made. Pity, Costco was supposed to be carrying them. Actually I take that back... Pixar has made wines for all of their movies, Ratatouille was the only mass produced one with the intention of selling it to the public.
lunaitc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Let's drink until we can't remember the name of the flower we saw that day.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well I think they when to far with this using anime to sell booze it just going to end up just like Joe Camel with smokes

Japanese actually like opportunities like this to get support of local brewers. So unless there's some international pressure attempting to insert some form a whose culture is right Japan isn't going to start banning cartoon ads for products like this anytime soon.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

If this were released in America, it would only be so that the police and citizen "watchgroups" (eg:perverted justice) could observe who buys it and harass/arrest any male over a certain age who does so over thus being a "pedophile". Rolling Eyes (To be honest, I'd feel like a pedophile buying, or even touching, a bottle of this. Moe lolis aren't my bag.)

Though I wish America wasn't so prudish with booze, but that's like wishing the sun to rise in the north.

This just seems like a convenient way for the Japanese to peddle low-quality booze at relatively high prices to a devoted & predictable market (otaku). I'm disappointed the only thing that makes it "AnoHana Sake" is a cheap label printed around part of the bottle. I don't know what I expected, but I expected more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1