• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split required: Katashi Ishizuka (#13192)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Ken Ishizuka is currently merged into Katashi Ishizuka, but needs to be split. It's a common misreading of the seiyuu 石塚堅, but the merge has caused the animator 石塚健 to be listed under "Katashi Ishizuka" as well, which is false since it's not a legitimate reading. Users entering him in probably meant "Ken Ishizuka" for the animator, but whether it's his preferred reading is uncertain because Takeshi Ishizuka is also a possibility on his given name. Ken Ishizuka needs to be unmerged and the animator credits given to him at least. There's far more of the animator's credits under the supposed "Ken" currently than under Takeshi, though I don't know if it's indicative of much as few (possibly none) have been from sources that were officially romanized.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Normally transferring credits from "Katashi Ishizuka" to "Ken Ishizuka" would be a matter of hiding the incorrect entries and re-adding them with the correct name. But since this was the result of an incorrect merge, there's no way to know which of these credits were originally (correctly) submitted as "Ken Ishizuka". So I've split off Ken Ishizuka and transferred the animation credits to him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1