• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cuticle Tantei Inaba (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote

Cuticle Tantei Inaba
Genre: comedy

Plot:
Quote:
The story revolves around Hiroshi Inaba, a private detective, and part-wolf-part-human being who was created artificially. Hiroshi runs his own detective agency and solves cases with the help of his cross-dressing secretary Yuuta, and Kei, a "relatively normal" teenager. The plot centres on Hiroshi and the gang trying to arrest his arch-nemesis Don Valentino, a mastermind goat with a taste for money (literally).

Episode 1
The first episode was alright imo. Dat dance.

I found every character from the series to be strange so far. Well at least I guess Inaba's power seems legit. spoiler[I think that mystical sheep might be the enemy of this series but I wonder who exactly he is.]

I also lol'd @ both the ED and preview of the first episode. Not too shabby imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Now that was interesting, and totally insane, kind of reminded me of those short series but put into full length. The phrase that came to mind was if Kill Me Baby fell over and suffered head trauma, and had some weird interest in animals. But insanety can be funny, and I found several bits funny, plus it kept pulling some surprizes by jumping between crazy to serious, and normal to over the top.

I can't be the only one that thinks the villain resembles a certain Dark Lord, although I would guess that the similarities are purely coincidental, though both series seem to be parodies. I have to mention the attractivness of Yuuta who quickly became my favourite character this episode, I am ruined by now that I really don't care that Yuuta spoiler[is actually a crossdressing boy.] The assassin lady was not bad either.

My favourite comedy of the episode would be the spoiler[villains shooting with really old guns, Yuuta tapeing down the trap door and claiming the need to escape with a sack of money, Inaba totally not seeing it is a trap, and Don being distracted by the fireworks.]

Might watch just for the crazy comedy.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
While watching this I was like "WTF am I watching" throughout the episode. It gave me a Panty and Stocking vibe. I had a couple of laughs so I might continue it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Ha ha, this show has more instances of cray-cray per second than I don't know what. I was kinda unsure in the first few minutes of the eppie, but then I got into the swing of things and I'm glad I hung in. I really hope this is just a 1-cours title, because I don't know how sustainable this type of humour is over the long haul, but I'm enjoying it for the moment.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

That Azusa kid is hillarious, worked so well with the randomness.

There was also that panda bit too.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Azusa was so cute and awesome. Also what a fearful father.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Episodes 3 to 7

Really some of these episodes had me laugh so much that I had tears in m eyes. Like having Inaba's brother spoiler[be part of an evil organisation, but is apparently only doing it to get Inaba's attention, and has a huge brother complex], I think that makes two. And they added a new member to the mafia in the form of a spoiler[14 year old girl who is a doctor and has a thing for killing healthy bodies], who ends up becoming friends with spoiler[Yuuta over a mutual desire to kill the policman]. And the total cliche reveal that the wolf spoiler[spirit is actually Inaba's father].

There are so many golden bits like the assassin claiming to spoiler[sense her targets when her glassess fogged up, only to look in the tottally wrong direction when they did not move]. That the normal guy, Kei, is actually totally spoiler[insane about cats that he kidnaps himself, and loves his cat, Luna, who's picture] would give nightmares. And that the good guys and bad guys totally end up spoiler[staying at the same inn and end up taking a bath togeht, playing table tennis, and having a pillow fight].

This can be corny but this show is utterly hillarious. Like that school life thing being a total muck around, and the line from Noah that the spoiler[guy is a hug pillow], but then he hugs him he spoiler[screams that it actually is a person though Noah says she was surprised he actually hugged him], but agree that he is good to spoiler[hug] anyway. Perhaps it is is that the totally relaxed perverse themes without actually being perverted itself is so funny, yeah this totally reminds me of Inukami, it is practically the same themes and has me laughing at the homosexual themes. Which reminds me that though it took until episode 6 for Yataro to speak, straight away he looked like he would be voiced by Sugita Tomokazu, and now that reminds me of that pervert he doing in that other comedy.

Haven't even brought up Stella spoiler[going ferral], all the mafia being at spoiler[zoos and farms] due to the cliche like order earlier, or the absurdity of brainwashing spoiler[cat people into dog people] for a really un-thought out plan. Yataro actually spoiler[eating the jerky]. Laughing
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm still watching the show. I guess I'm enjoying it enough. But I bet they really meant to call it Follicle Tantei Inaba.
EricJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Well, I'm still watching the show. I guess I'm enjoying it enough. But I bet they really meant to call it Follicle Tantei Inaba.

Yeah, was thinking, "Wouldn't a Cuticle Detective work for a manicurist? Confused "
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
EricJ wrote:

Yeah, was thinking, "Wouldn't a Cuticle Detective work for a manicurist? Confused "

Quite so, quite so. or a pedicurist....maybe a podiatrist...a chiropodist....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah the name does not quite fit, there should be a better word.

Episode 10

Pun of episode: the spoiler[fake Dons being used as scapegoats]. The is I don't even know if that pun actually even works in Japanese, but it practically feels to good to be a mere coincidence.

I don't know why this show does not get more attention as I always find the absurdity to be very funny. You can't quite tell what the characters are going to do next, but you know it will be insane, kind of like all the chimera.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Yup this is one of the more underrated shows of the season. A lot of funny stuff with bits of seriousness now and then.

That bag guy has a handsome rugged face.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Laughing Yeah, Hiroshi and Ogino tried to spoiler[stop the bag being taken off because it would ruin the mystery, with Kei and Yuuta dumbfounded at seeing a little.]

Also reminds me of the running gag how no one but Kei can spot Lorenzo in disguise.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Laughing Yeah, Hiroshi and Ogino tried to spoiler[stop the bag being taken off because it would ruin the mystery, with Kei and Yuuta dumbfounded at seeing a little.]

Also reminds me of the running gag how no one but Kei can spot Lorenzo in disguise.

Someone's got to be the straight man.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
The straight man

I still laugh when I see this picture. bonus
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2