×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: Dec. 26-Jan. 1




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lys



Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 981
Location: mitten-state
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop avalanche, hurrah~!! Gotta get myself to the bookstore!

Seeing Karakuri Odette at a higher price point is sad though. Not just because it means I have to spend more (though that is a little annoying), but because $12.99 is the price Tokyopop tends to put on lower-selling series to make back the money they put into it. Is the series really doing that poorly?? But it's so fantastic! Everyone should be reading it!!! (even if you don't like shoujo—I promise it's great!!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Psycho_Despair



Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 376
Location: East of Eden
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MorwenLaicoriel



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 1617
Location: Colorado
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I might have to pick up the second season of Kaleido Star. I got the first season when ADV had it and adored it, but only just recently started making enough money to start buying anime again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Youkai Warrior



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 505
Location: Sarayashiki
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!


Same here. I have only the first volume. I am assuming the Black Editions are omnibuses/3 in 1s, correct? I will be getting those.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcos torres toledo



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 269
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I watched the anime verison of Death Note on the Cartoon Network and enjoyed it I am looking forward to the Manga editions both of them. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14513
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:

Seeing Karakuri Odette at a higher price point is sad though. Not just because it means I have to spend more (though that is a little annoying), but because $12.99 is the price Tokyopop tends to put on lower-selling series to make back the money they put into it. Is the series really doing that poorly?? But it's so fantastic! Everyone should be reading it!!! (even if you don't like shoujo—I promise it's great!!)


Would you reimburse us if you're wrong? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1275
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!


Same here. I have only the first volume. I am assuming the Black Editions are omnibuses/3 in 1s, correct? I will be getting those.


These are 2-in-1 though it's getting all the trimmings such as color pages.

Since the couple of volumes I had seem to have disappeared, I already ordered a copy of this edition...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Youkai Warrior



Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 505
Location: Sarayashiki
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!


Same here. I have only the first volume. I am assuming the Black Editions are omnibuses/3 in 1s, correct? I will be getting those.


These are 2-in-1 though it's getting all the trimmings such as color pages.

Since the couple of volumes I had seem to have disappeared, I already ordered a copy of this edition...


That's not so bad. I can deal with 2-in-1s. Thanks for the heads up. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clueless313



Joined: 02 May 2009
Posts: 34
Location: Everywhere
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote
It's times like this that make me wish I hadn't bought that box set of all the DN volumes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shichimi



Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
Oh? They're 'doing a CAPCOM' with DN and releasing a new edition? Not falling for it.

About Gintama: Should I go collect this from the start, or am I OK to watch out of order? This is just a gag show, so there shouldn't be problems, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
ArsenicSteel



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 2370
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I say start Gintama from the beginning. Doing so would tell you why certain characters act a certain way more efficiently than starting at vol3.

No, Gintama is not just a gag show. It is a comedy,action, drama-hybrid that is just as likely as to have a mini-dramatic arc happening as it is to have a one-shot comedy bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group