• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases: Dec. 26-Jan. 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Tokyopop avalanche, hurrah~!! Gotta get myself to the bookstore!

Seeing Karakuri Odette at a higher price point is sad though. Not just because it means I have to spend more (though that is a little annoying), but because $12.99 is the price Tokyopop tends to put on lower-selling series to make back the money they put into it. Is the series really doing that poorly?? But it's so fantastic! Everyone should be reading it!!! (even if you don't like shoujo—I promise it's great!!)
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I might have to pick up the second season of Kaleido Star. I got the first season when ADV had it and adored it, but only just recently started making enough money to start buying anime again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Psycho_Despair wrote:
I am real glad that I only have the first vol. of Death Note, so now I should pick up the black edition!

Same here. I have only the first volume. I am assuming the Black Editions are omnibuses/3 in 1s, correct? I will be getting those.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I watched the anime verison of Death Note on the Cartoon Network and enjoyed it I am looking forward to the Manga editions both of them. Smile
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:

Seeing Karakuri Odette at a higher price point is sad though. Not just because it means I have to spend more (though that is a little annoying), but because $12.99 is the price Tokyopop tends to put on lower-selling series to make back the money they put into it. Is the series really doing that poorly?? But it's so fantastic! Everyone should be reading it!!! (even if you don't like shoujo—I promise it's great!!)

Would you reimburse us if you're wrong? Laughing
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:

Same here. I have only the first volume. I am assuming the Black Editions are omnibuses/3 in 1s, correct? I will be getting those.

These are 2-in-1 though it's getting all the trimmings such as color pages.

Since the couple of volumes I had seem to have disappeared, I already ordered a copy of this edition...
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Youkai Warrior wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:

These are 2-in-1 though it's getting all the trimmings such as color pages.

Since the couple of volumes I had seem to have disappeared, I already ordered a copy of this edition...

That's not so bad. I can deal with 2-in-1s. Thanks for the heads up. Smile
Clueless313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote
It's times like this that make me wish I hadn't bought that box set of all the DN volumes.
Shichimi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote
Oh? They're 'doing a CAPCOM' with DN and releasing a new edition? Not falling for it.

About Gintama: Should I go collect this from the start, or am I OK to watch out of order? This is just a gag show, so there shouldn't be problems, right?
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I say start Gintama from the beginning. Doing so would tell you why certain characters act a certain way more efficiently than starting at vol3.

No, Gintama is not just a gag show. It is a comedy,action, drama-hybrid that is just as likely as to have a mini-dramatic arc happening as it is to have a one-shot comedy bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1