• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fantasista Doll Anime Slated to Air in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
I loved Code Geass, so I will surely watch the new anime from the Code Geass creator.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
So its Angelic Layer?

I'm onboard.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I loved Code Geass, so I will surely watch the new anime from the Code Geass creator.

Considering they've gone out of their way to point out he is not going to direct this series but simply work as the producer, I wouldn't really expect to see much of anything remotely similar to his own past works here.

Producing and directing are two completely different jobs. Taniguchi might contribute some ideas, I'm sure, but someone else is going to be directly responsible for their execution. It should be more of a supporting behind-the-scenes role than anything else.

The real director is Hisashi Saito, whose previous works include series like Bamboo Blade, Haganai and Heaven's Lost Property...neither of which I've ever seen myself, to be quite honest, so all of that looks like a big question mark to me.

Other than that, the subject matter also seems different enough. It's admittedly relatively early to make a real judgment, but what little they've shown of the project so far still doesn't really look that interesting to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1