• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[MERGE] 'Tokyo Vice' and 'Tokyo Project'

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
anime#331
anime#764

Quite patently the same thing, despite the confusion some sites seem to have due the the name change.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/O11SifZ1uFqM4AeFER/browse/item/55064/4/0/-1455
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/E9bGOcbm--6uBkA8gz/browse/item/29488/4/0/-1455

Oh, merge this post with the dupe anime thread if you like.

Rar
Rar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote
Are there any moderators actually working on the Encyclopedia part of the site at all at the moment? Sumbitted various error reports via the web interface as well, and even the ones from months ago haven't been dealt with yet...

Rar
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Done.

Yes, we are working on the encyclopedia. But until ANN can get a full time manager for the encyclopedia, things happen slowly.

The most blatant errors that don't require research get fixed first, but we can't just take people's words regarding error reports. We requrie proof, and most often that isn't suplied, so we need to research the error.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Rar wrote:
Are there any moderators actually working on the Encyclopedia part of the site at all at the moment? Sumbitted various error reports via the web interface as well, and even the ones from months ago haven't been dealt with yet...

Actually, the oldest error reports currently in queue are under 10 days old.

Your error reports were either dealt with, or deleted because they were found to be incorrect, not sure.

-t
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I must add on to this to emphasize how important it is that you give a good proof when you submit an error report. Just saying "Actor 1 didn't voice this character, Actor 2 did" isn't enough for us to go "Oh, okay" and change it. We need actual proof, like "The credits on the DVD state this on every volume, and you can also check it at these sites" or just SOMETHING. X_X Please don't give us more work than necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quote
How about a notification when one of your editors wrongly dismisses one of my error reports... I can't remember all of them now, so some will have to stay, but it was mostly misreading of japanese names, and I provided link to pages with full credits and correct reading. Can you not un-delete them and look again?

Only one I can remember off hand is for Birth, has:
Character Design:
Koretaku Kanda

God knows where they got that from, even ADV get the name right. Anyway, I added Yoshinori Kanada and posted an error report asking for deletion of the other one with link to credits online ( http://www.linkclub.or.jp/~h-884/pages/birth0.html ) and explanation, I really don't see how someone could have thought that wrong or lacking "good proof".

Rar
Rar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:58 am Reply with quote
Oh, remembered another one. Genmu Senki Leda, has, under japanese staff:
Original Concept: Kaname Kikaku
Which is funny. The producton company for the anime is カナメ企画, in your db as Kaname Production. 'Kaname Kikaku' is a straight romanisation of the same, and not a person at all. I mean... how much 'proof' did that require? I don't particularly feel like poking around looking for all the other minor errors I reported (with explanations and links...) just 'cos an editor couldn't be bothered and deleted it.

Rar
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Well don't ask me, 'cause I didn't delete any of your reports. Anime smile;

There's four error reports by you in our list, and I'll try to make sure they're dealt with later.. as for the ones in this thread, have they been taken care of?

I start college this week which means I would normally have less time to do this, but twice a week I'll be at the campus ALL day and I'll probably use my long breaks there (but not enough time to go home and back Anime cry) to work on ANN at the library... Just remember that the encyclopedia staff does this on our free time and aren't getting paid, so excuse us for being slow sometimes. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Slow I understand and am happy with, but error report eating makes me less happy Anime cry
Wasn't a huge number of reports at least, and I'm sure someone else will spot the same mistakes and fix them in the end (the two in this thread still need doing). Having some readout this end would be nice, but there are much more important coding tasks to do before that I'm sure. Unicode convert, for instance Very Happy

Rar
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1