• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Two-for-one Special: The Tankoubon Hunter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! Hunting manga. This stuff would those like Elmer Fudd very happy.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
Wow, this looks really amazing! I must be one of the few people in the English-speaking world to have seen Tsurikichi sanpei (its never even been fansubbed, unfortunately, but there is a bootleg version with incredibly wonky subtitles. If there was an english release I'd definitely go for it) Sanpei has the same voice actor as Goku, I believe. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this artist.
Have you ever read the book, "Draw Your Own Manga: All the Basics"? They interview the artist, in english, along with samples of his artwork. They also interview Monkey Punch!
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
Wow! Actually, I've recently become interested in Tsurikichi Sanpei thanks to a Golden Ani-Versary article! This legal scanlation site is neat, I'll definitely check this out. Thanks Jason!
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Thank you Jason for bring to our attention this two manga stories that are totally different for the usual stories. And show us the rural traditional side of Japan do you know if they are publish outside of Japan. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1